• Keep him, but only as bench player and not captain

Votes: 117 63.6%
  • Get rid

Votes: 47 25.5%

• Total voters

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
34 now, clearly showing signs of decline but still recently in the Scotland squad. Been a great captain for us. What would you do with him?

Poll to follow.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As things stand at this moment, keep him in the starting XI, but not necessarily as captain. We do need to start looking for a replacement for him though. Not as big a priority as a striker, a left back and a proper winger (and maybe three quality players is all the budget will allow; more realistic than some people's notion that we're suddenly going to bring in 8 or 10 anyway!), but if we haven't replaced him by this time next year it will be a major priority by then.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not got a lot of choice have we?

There were still only 8 sides in the entire league with a better defensive record than us.

We need to spend money on a left back, a winger and a centre forward as priorities.

He makes a few mistakes does Gordon, his distribution is a bit agricultural, but he is tough as nails, he marshals our defence (I don't think Dunk or Bennett speak during games!), and dare I say it, he does read the game well generally.

Still captain and in the starting XI for me.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We at least need that photo of him holding up Murray's dripping severed head. Anyone?....

image1-2.jpeg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry, but I think we need a MASSIVE clearout.

Don't be sorry, we probably do, but that needs a transfer chest of considerable size!

We have to accept we have an exceptional defensive record considering our league position and how toothless we've been up front. I actually think a right winger, centre forward, and a left back - all of whom have to end up being 'good' signings and we'll be a decent side again. A few more on top of that, and I might even be optimistic. Those first 3 signings have to be good though.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Clearly getting on is our Gordy !
But , when he doesn't play we lack any leadership at all and the team run round like demented cabbages on three legs.
We need a new tall central defender who is that natural leader like Greer.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Keep him as captain but 3rd choice CB and make Crofty or Kayal vice captain

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Not got a lot of choice have we?

There were still only 8 sides in the entire league with a better defensive record than us.

We need to spend money on a left back, a winger and a centre forward as priorities.

Although I agree on your priorities I do have a problem with the 9th best defense figures that keep getting trotted out, this was not because we have a good defense but because we defended as a team with 8-9 players behind the ball at all times and therefore the midfielders main priorty has been to protect the back four which has severely damaged our ability to attack as a team.

If we had a better defense then the midfield would be able to play a more balanced game and forgive me for living in a fantasy world but might actually allow us to score a goal. Without a new LB, RB and CB I think we will still struggle to score many next season we really do need changes throughout the team and that includes Gordon Greer.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Wages earnt aside (some would say you can't leave them out of it) I do feel somewhat sorry for GG, one of the original Poyet squad, came here thinking he might make The Premier League (and make more money than he did at Swindon I don't doubt before anyone else says it) and has seen Murray, Noone, Cook, Elphick, Barnes, Bridcutt, plus newer recruits Buckley and Ulloa, do just that while his chance has more than likely passed him by.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here