Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2015

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I don't think a thread has been created for this baseball season, so I'll start one.

Horrible incident in the D'backs v Rockies game tonight when D'backs highly-rated rookie pitcher Archie Bradley got smoked in the face by a 115mph comebacker hit by Carlos Gonzalez - Bradley removed after being struck by line drive

Thankfully, after a longish delay, Bradley was able to walk off (and gave the thumbs up as he left the field). Initial diagnosis would suggest no fracture or even concussion. Could have been a lot, lot worse.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
One of these years it's going to be a Dodgers year. It is, honest.

Do it in a double with Albion for the Premier League.

A fortune could await you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Trevor May, pitching for the Twins on Saturday night at Seattle, got struck flush on his elbow from a line drive by Kyle Seager on his pitching arm, looked a really nasty impact. Despite that he still scampered to gather the ball and tossed it to 1st for the out, before receiving treatment and going off injured. Twins went on to win 8-5 :clap2:
What a bloody HERO. A soccerist would have hit the deck and still been rolling around on the floor long after the batter made 1st.

Twins are currently 9-11 for the season after beating the Tigers 3-2 last night, not too shabby considering the catastrophic almost record-breakingly bad start they had to the season. I've lumped on them making 71.5 wins this season (on evens). They SHOULD be well capable of that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'd say being 3 nil down after 15 minutes. Great rally to come back from that.

They were actually 9-1 down at the end of the second inning. Winning 13-12 from there was incredible.

Yes, you're spot on. I can't think of many occasions a team was 3-0 after fifteen minutes and came back to win. Certainly not the Albion
Tranmere v Saints in the cup a few years ago? (and look where they are now)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It certainly ain't gonna be Phillies season. We are dreadful!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of the great things about MLB is the fact that it is so competitive, and it's good to see Kansas City, Houston, NY Mets and the Cubs all getting off to strong starts.

My team Oakland shipped out a ton of players but it looks like they've done it again and assembled a competitive side at relatively low cost. I expect them to be in the mix for the duration of the season on the back of the Gray / Kazmir axis.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'd say being 3 nil down after 15 minutes. Great rally to come back from that.

[edit]

They were actually 9-1 down at the end of the second inning. Winning 13-12 from there was incredible.

Since I've lived over here, I've always tried to get along to a few Diamondback games every season. I happened to go along one Friday night in 2005 when they played the Kansas City Royals. The Royals took the lead in the top of the first, but then it was all D'backs after that, and they led 11-2 after five.

In the top of the 8th, the Royals got a rally going. Incredibly, they scored 6 runs. They scored two more in the ninth to tie it up at 11-11. The D'backs had blown an 8 run lead in two innings. My mate and I couldn't believe it.

And then Troy Glaus, their first batter in the bottom of the tenth, smashed a home run and the Royals fightback was in vain.

**I've just looked up the scorecard and seen that the Royals pitcher that night was Zach Greinke, now one of the best pitchers in the game, who gave up 15 hits and 11 runs in 4.1 innings. Blimey. Incredible stuff.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Like most savvy New Yorkers I will be supporting those perennial underachievers the Mets as usual - supporting the Yankees is just plain wrong

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Like most savvy New Yorkers I will be supporting those perennial underachievers the Mets as usual - supporting the Yankees is just plain wrong

I hear the Mets have won all 10 of their games at Citi Field in New York. Didn't somebody here say the Mets were far below the Yankees?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Yeah - good start, but will it last?

Being a Mets fan is like supporting the Albion, you know the bad times are just around the corner !

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Got my MLB TV subscription nice and early this year. Plus I'm going to three Angels/Dodgers games. Go Big Blue!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Any Pirates fans on here?
Friday night lose 2-1 to Cardinals in extras
Saturday night lose 2-1 to the Cardinals in extras
Sunday? Go into extra innings at 1-1, take a 2-1 lead...... and lose 3-2 to the Cardinals!

They must hate St Louis.
I am a terrible loser and know I would if (when) that happens to my team.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
All a bit strange at the moment as the Cubs are actually winning games granted we've lost the last two ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here