Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Competitive league that :nod:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That Getafe team could contain some of next seasons signings!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
How do you think Barca would get on against the 13th place Premier League equivalent (West Brom)?

How did Chelsea/City/Arsenal/United get on against West Brom? How many 5 goals+ scores have EPL teams racked up against other sides in the league?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Barca, Real and Bayern being currently better than Chelski, Arsenal, City and Manure, helps the other way too.

Can't argue with that really, though my point was about the competitiveness of that league. Yes, there is quality in the top 2 teams, maybe a bit in the 3rd team in the SMTL, but I think the EPL is just so much more competetive across more teams. When Liverpool/Chelsea/United won the CL, Spain still had just 2 teams dominating their league, whereas 4 teams from England competed right up to the later stages. Are Arsenal the only team to have made the QF every year since the group stage format was introduced? As for Germany, well that seems to have become a one horse race and there doesn't seem to be much chance of that changing any time soon.

I do enjoy watching FCB play Real Madrid, but not really any other Spanish games, and I've enjoyed some German matches that don't include Bayern Munich. I also think the CL games are often a joy to watch, but the EPL still has the edge in IMO.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
maybe a bit in the 3rd team in the SMTL

Maybe a bit of quality? In the team that won the Spanish title last season and reached the CL final? Yeah, just a bit of quality there...

Are Arsenal the only team to have made the QF every year since the group stage format was introduced?

They didn't make the QF this year. :shrug:

I take your overall point entirely, but your sweeping dismissal of the other 18 teams is a little ignorant to my mind. There are a lot of good teams and good players there, and certainly more depth than you seem willing to give credit for.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I would also point out that over the last 15 years, more different teams have won La Liga (Deportivo, Valencia, Real, Barca, Atletico) than have won the PL in the same time period (United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here