Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carayol agrees 2 year Boro deal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet it was a zero hours contract just to guarantee not coming back to us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glad to have been of service to Boro and to have given him some game time for them to assess whether he was properly over his injury. One of a long list of terrible loan signings, what did his signing on loan say about CH's faith in Lua Lua who had just been given a new contract? The playing side is a shambles at the moment.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Didn't think he added anything at all other than one decent run. Frankly I'm sick of us being the club other clubs send people to regain fitness at the expense of our own players. Lua Lua may or may not be better, but at least he's ours and could have either gained some confidence or proven we need another option.

As it stands, Brighton and Hove Albion have had literally no benefit from this arrangement. That annoys me greatly.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
That's another ex-Albion player destined for the Premier League.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I thought he was pretty poor.

What does Kaz think when an unfit loanee starts in front of him?

I'd really like to know if it's part of our agreement with the parent clubs than loanees HAVE to start.

el punal

NO. Absolutely no more loans. We need players who bleed Blue and White.

I agree. The seasons that the club have overloaded on loan players are the seasons where we have had the poorest return. 2014/15 for example! I'm trusting the board and Chris Hughton to sign up decent players for those positions where we are severely lacking any sort of quality - strikers for starters.

I have always felt that loan players should only be used as emergency cover for when key players are injured and there are no adequate replacements within the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He said on Radio Sussex after the Watford game he had agreed a deal and would be signing it when het got back up there, so no great surprise really.

The interviewer did say ' no chance of you coming back then ' to which he replied 'who knows in football nothing is ruled out.'

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He said on Radio Sussex after the Watford game he had agreed a deal andwool be signing it when het got back up there, so no great surprise really.

So why did Hughton play him instead of one of our own? I'd have been happier seeing a DS player out there instead of a loan player we have no hope of signing.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
It was in the Argus on Monday with a line that he played 4 games and no goals and no assists, although he did hit the bar.
He looked ok and had one stand out run but then as per our own strikers scuffed his shot at the end.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I thought he was pretty poor.

What does Kaz think when an unfit loanee starts in front of him?

I'd really like to know if it's part of our agreement with the parent clubs than loanees HAVE to start.

Barber said that there are no such arrangements made when loan players are bought in. The decision to play or not to play them is down to the manager.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree that if this deal was always likely you have to assume that Hughton doesn't fancy KLL.

It looks to me as though Lua Lua is a man that needs a move.

I'm loathe to usher him out the door when our attacking options are so thin on the ground, but he's had plenty of chances to impress, not just this season but also when he's played alongside quality like Ulloa, Barnes, Vicente. He's never looked anything more than a good bench option. He's the sort of player that could blossom under the right manager.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
NO. Absolutely no more loans. We need players who bleed Blue and White.

Think you'll be disappointed if you expect them to bleed blue and white. I'd settle for a squad of players who can create a decent amount of chances and a couple of strikers who might trouble the goal scoring stats more than 5 times a season. If we can bring in loan players of the calibre of a Wayne Bridge, Stephen Ward or Joao Teixeria they can bleed pink with yellow polka dots for all I'll care if they put in some decent performances.

Most of these short term emergency loans can **** off though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here