Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ukip offers legal protection to Christians who oppose same-sex marriage

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Fact is most Christians are anti gay as well as most religions to be frank...Lets not kid ourselves.They should be respected for their views on homersexuality.

I

On what extensive research do you base this "fact", or is it just supposition. The "anti" Christians would be the ones who get all the publicity. I suspect the silent majority, in this country at least, would be be tolerant or supportive.

And does homersexuality have anything to do with the Simpsons?

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Fact is most Christians are anti gay as well as most religions to be frank...Lets not kid ourselves.They should be respected for their views on homersexuality.

I

I see where [MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION] is going with this, and he isnt entirely wrong as some think. He has some very valid points
Its a total minefield though,im not sure NSC can come up with any solutions to freedom of expression or free speech when the USA Supreme Court struggles with it still today.

You shouldnt be able to discriminate but you should be able to have an opinion even if others hate it.I detest Ramjam Choudray and his take on religion,i despise holocaust deniers, i loathe christian extremists with their view the earth is 10000 years old and i abhor political extremists and their distain that the average man is stupid.

But i will fight for these mongs to have their right to hold these views with every breath i have

I thought it was 4,500 years? Not that I am from that school of thought!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I

no its under 10000 years ,over 40% of yanks believe this rubbish

They're wrong. I have it on good authority that as at 7am this morning it's 11,142 years, 7 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 7hours 3 minutes and 42 seconds.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two issues with this debate. It wasn't a wedding cake that the bakers were asked to make. The cake that was requested was to have 'Support Gay Marriage' iced on it. Same sex marriage isn't allowed in Northern Ireland at present.
It could be argued that it was a political statement rather than a moral or religious issue.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Luckily for us normal people we dont have to rely on your personal misinformed rant to garner any truth.
For those that like informed facts there was a yougov poll recently which showed UKIP supporters were by far the worst who showed "racist" views at 28% of its supporters. Not ideal or wanted by any stretch of the mind. Tories however were 22%,Labour 13% and Lib Dems 12%

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...d-against-people-of-other-races-10062731.html

Now where is your indignation of these parties?
I rather suspect your unfounded claims that UKIP are 100% racist are more to do with you being desperate to be some sort of centre of attention ,almost troll like with fake statistics.
your figures dont hold up at all, someone is talking out of their arse,its either you or YOUGOV ......i wonder who

Did YOUGOV say what the remaining 72% were? E.g highly intelligent, a bit dim etc. etc. ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Luckily for us normal people we dont have to rely on your personal misinformed rant to garner any truth.
For those that like informed facts there was a yougov poll recently which showed UKIP supporters were by far the worst who showed "racist" views at 28% of its supporters. Not ideal or wanted by any stretch of the mind. Tories however were 22%,Labour 13% and Lib Dems 12%

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...d-against-people-of-other-races-10062731.html

Now where is your indignation of these parties?
I rather suspect your unfounded claims that UKIP are 100% racist are more to do with you being desperate to be some sort of centre of attention ,almost troll like with fake statistics.
your figures dont hold up at all, someone is talking out of their arse,its either you or YOUGOV ......i wonder who

Your post suffers from some confusing English but i think i get the gist. They did a survey to see which party had racist members? Well, gosh. I'm sure those results were accurate. What a remarkably scientific approach. How very thorough.

I haven't offered up any stats have I. That's where your argument falls somewhat flat eh.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Two issues with this debate. It wasn't a wedding cake that the bakers were asked to make. The cake that was requested was to have 'Support Gay Marriage' iced on it. Same sex marriage isn't allowed in Northern Ireland at present.
It could be argued that it was a political statement rather than a moral or religious issue.

Interesting argument. One they should have made if that's what this was about. I seem to recall them specifically saying they were anti-gay marriage.

I work in a design agency. We refuse to work with tobacco firms. We were approached recently and declined. We withheld services based on the product they produced and their marketing activity in certain parts of the world. We also have an NHS contract and see a conflict of interest.

However, despite our anti-tobacco stance, we don't refuse to employ smokers, nor do we avoid prospective employees that are pro-tobacco.

So on the one hand, we are demonstrating our objection to the tobacco industry, but not persecuting individual smokers (hell, why would I, I like the occasional cigar.)

All this leads me to believe there is a difference between voicing objections and taking action on a macro-scale, and letting your beliefs affect how individuals live their lives on a micro-scale.

I think these laws are useful. I understand what [MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION] means about us not collectively knowing what is right and wrong, but that does not mean society can not lay down what it sees as acceptable. That's all part of the human contract we all sign up to.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think these laws are useful. I understand what [MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION] means about us not collectively knowing what is right and wrong, but that does not mean society can not lay down what it sees as acceptable. That's all part of the human contract we all sign up to.

Society has laid down what it saw as acceptable in the past. Jim Crow, Slavery, the criminality of homosexuality. We can prevent things like that from happening only when upon our receipt of power we diminish it, not merely use it for our own ideas and ends.

In terms of using the Law to control peoples behavior, we are kind of like Frodo Baggins with the One Ring. Our true responsibility, if we are wise and can overcome ourselves, is to destroy it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Society has laid down what it saw as acceptable in the past. Jim Crow, Slavery, the criminality of homosexuality. We can prevent things like that from happening only when upon our receipt of power we diminish it, not merely use it for our own ideas and ends.

In terms of using the Law to control peoples behavior, we are kind of like Frodo Baggins with the One Ring. Our true responsibility, if we are wise and can overcome ourselves, is to destroy it.

Agreed, but we are nowhere near destroying it, and that's why we need the law - in my opinion.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Agreed, but we are nowhere near destroying it, and that's why we need the law - in my opinion.

"But we are nowhere near destroying it, and that's why we need the it."

... Said Gollum reassuringly to himself. :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here