Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indonesia to go ahead with execution of 6 "convicted " drug smugglers within 24 hrs.

good or bad..?

• good

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • bad

Votes: 61 68.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Indonesia to go ahead with execution of 6 "convicted " drug smugglers within 24 hrs.

two aussies , a dutch , ghanaian, phillipino and a brazillian will be executed by firing squad tonight on a small island near bali..... good....or bad...?? , and feel free to discuss....obviously.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If that's their law then respect it. If people choose to ignore it and take that risk then so be it

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If that's their law then respect it. If people choose to ignore it and take that risk then so be it

funny that the thai bird who handed the henry over ( 10 kg's) managed to disappear without a trace despite the hotel being "surrounded " after a tip off from australian federal police.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
gee thanks dave....you ****ing legend....:thumbsup:

Youre welcome. Im not sure sure an allegation like that from the lawyer of the accused will carry much weight to be honest.
Maybe thats what happened, but its only what the lawyer is saying.
Its well known that Indonesia has death penalty for drug smuggling. Its kind of difficult to have sympathy for those caught.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its not nice smuggling heroin either. They were stupid/greedy... im sure they knew the countries laws and risks.

no , not innocent........but offered up by their own police force in the full knowledge that the death penalty was likely.......nice eh...??

I'm going to be honest, I have zero sympathy for anyone attempting to smuggle heroin into a country where the death penalty is the sentence for smuggling drugs.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The men knew the risks when they set out to do it, so I don't really have a whole lot of sympathy. Plus it's heroin, if it was Weed I'd be singing a different tune.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
no , not innocent........but offered up by their own police force in the full knowledge that the death penalty was likely.......nice eh...??

Police forces in international co-operation to catch drug smugglers, eh? That's some scandal you're digging up there!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
it is a very convoluted story .......but no , no it isn't..........the media circus surrounding the whole affair is quite disgusting now though.

Usually is when these sort of cases come up. Its sad. Ive sympathy for the families, but thats about it really.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Its well known that Indonesia has death penalty for drug smuggling. Its kind of difficult to have sympathy for those caught.

I dont agree with the death penalty generally but if that is the law of the land you are in you know what to expect if you commit the crime.

Its not nice smuggling heroin either. They were stupid/greedy... im sure they knew the countries laws and risks.

You're assuming they are all guilty ..... given the authorities are even refusing to delay the executions while new evidence is present in some of the cases, I have serious doubts that the system there isn't corrupt.

The death sentence is nothing short of murder and barbaric. There's not a legal system in the world I would trust enough to convict 100% correctly all the time and so, as murdering a prisoner can't be reversed, it's a big fat 'bad' and 'corruption' from me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I dont agree with the death penalty generally but if that is the law of the land you are in you know what to expect if you commit the crime.

Yep, that's the law. Respect the local laws and culture and you're be fine, and the same in this country. Simple

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You're assuming they are all guilty ..... given the authorities are even refusing to delay the executions while new evidence is present in some of the cases, I have serious doubts that the system there isn't corrupt.

The death sentence is nothing short of murder and barbaric. There's not a legal system in the world I would trust enough to convict 100% correctly all the time and so, as murdering a prisoner can't be reversed, it's a big fat 'bad' and 'corruption' from me.

Dont smuggle heroin, and there is no issue. Only one of the bunch has claimed nion guilt as I understand it, the Filipino woman, I think the others have admitted their involvement. Heroin kills.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here