Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Great news that the prize pot has been increased again, further rewarding these graphite gladiators. The standard is unbelievably high and this extra prize money could push thwe players even further. Roll on June.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/32499023

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
......B
WinBledon
......C

Care of W1A

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Yup, seems fair?

kirsten-dunst-wimbledon_hyfhaj.jpg

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I watched some of the film called Wimbledon yesterday starring Kirsten Dunst. It's glorious.

Fixed that for you, for I am kind and generous.
but, should the ladies play best of 5 sets as they get equal prize money.......?
Absolutely, unfortunately, the organisers have enough of an issue fitting all the required matches into a 2 week schedule as it is (due to sheer quantity, I'm not criticising organisers at all), if you then add a possible 2 sets onto each ladies match as well then there's no way it'd all fit in.

In all honesty, I think it more likely they'll drop the men's matches to 3 before anything gets increased.

Some of the players (understandably in my view) have criticised the tournament schedule over recent years as it's become more about pleasing/attracting sponsors than looking after the wellbeing of players (look at the state of some of the big names already, such as Nadal and Del Potro). Dropping the amount of sets required in the marquee events may actually be a reasonable compromise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here