Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

promoted clubs possible released players

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Both Bournemouth and Watford will release players not now but within the summer transfer/loan window who they dont think will make the step up. Who should we consider if realistically available, obviously not Deeney Cook etc.

Harry Arter Mark Pugh
Guedioura, possibly Vydra proven not good enough at WBA. but at what transfer fee,

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What is the point of this thread until these clubs do there retain list?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Both Bournemouth and Watford will release players not now but within the summer transfer/loan window who they dont think will make the step up. Who should we consider if realistically available, obviously not Deeney Cook etc.

Harry Arter Mark Pugh
Guedioura, possibly Vydra proven not good enough at WBA. but at what transfer fee,

Is Guedioura not a Palace player, anyway?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

yep I opened the thread
and saw who the op was ......................................................another5 mins of my life I won't get back

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.

The point is forward planning, everyone has their price........... But we don't have to limit ourselves to promoted clubs. I'd be asking clubs like Liverpool / Chelsea / Arsenal etc about season long loans right now ( before other clubs put in their pitch ).........

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Harry Arter Mark Pugh

Retained lists are likely to be released by 9th May, ie a week after the last game as by then the club must, in respect of players whose contracts end on June 30th, offer them terms that are the same as or better than existing terms or tell them they are being released. The same will of course apply to premiership clubs albeit a little later. Question is, do we want players that they think are no good.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Watford play to Vydra's strengths far more than WBA ever did - I'd be VERY surprised if they let him go.

He isn't technically a Watford player but on loan from Udinese who are owned by the same people that own Watford. They also own Grenada who we've loaned Adrian Colunga too, maybe we can convince them that Vydra should be part of the deal when Colunga moves permanently.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Retained lists are likely to be released by 9th May, ie a week after the last game as by then the club must, in respect of players whose contracts end on June 30th, offer them terms that are the same as or better than existing terms or tell them they are being released. The same will of course apply to premiership clubs albeit a little later. Question is, do we want players that they think are no good.

I would think most will keep their squads and it wont be until the loan window that they realise who can and cant make the step up.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
A not good enough Premier League player like Teixera would be less of a risk than a CMS from a League 1 club. And scouts reccommendations MUST be realised into signings. A League 1 club signing can't be judged to be Championship ready, but a ex-PL player (with some age restriction so NOT Zamora who is now too injury prone) - It's worth a punt.

I'm not going to waste my time searching the internet for these kinds of players. They won't be 'visible' in that respect anyway ( you have to see players playing not rely on stats ), it will be good old fashioned 'scouting' that will sound out potential.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He isn't technically a Watford player but on loan from Udinese who are owned by the same people that own Watford. They also own Grenada who we've loaned Adrian Colunga too, maybe we can convince them that Vydra should be part of the deal when Colunga moves permanently.

Didnt Watford sign him him then loan him or sell him to WBA then take him back?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Exactly. I would be surprised if the promoted clubs release any of the players mentioned by the original poster anyway. I fancy they will all be at least given the chance to see if they can perform in the Premier League.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Correct but not in their 25 man squad and as they are improving under Pardew wouldnt expect him to have a future there and Watford may not rate him good enough for The Prem. Would suit us ideally.

He was named in their 25 man squad in both September and February. He played as a sub in Palace's 1-0 win on Feb 7th which is after the updated squad lists were issued.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/sep/premier-league-squad-lists-2014-2015.html

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...ted-premier-league-squad-lists-2014-2015.html

It remains to be seen if Pardew has him in his plans for next season, although I don't think a player is named in a 25 man squad and loaned out that often.

Didnt Watford sign him him then loan him or sell him to WBA then take him back?

Nope, he's still a Udinese player, Watford did sign him on loan with a view to making it permanent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28034335

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can only play on one wing at a time (only need one winger in the starting XI)

Harry Arter Mark Pugh

These are not the players we need/want. Complete opposite.

The spine of the side, has to be able to hack it in the top flight. Not players rejected. It is like looking in dustbins for leftover scraps. (I never thought we should have signed Grabban! (or Baldock for that matter!)

Ambitious youngsters from lower divisions or abroad are the order of the day. Possibly players who are not going to make the first team with the top 6 PL sides.

The only possible exception is of a club has overdosed on wingers or another peripheral position e.g. Middlesbro have

Emilio Nsue
Yanic Wildschut
Albert Adomah
Emmanuel Ledesma
Mustapha Carayol
Lee Tomlin

The ones in bold might be worth considering. I think we only need four at most wide men:

Solly March
Kazenga Lualua
Jeffrey Monakana

So we need another wide player and Boro have got a surplus*. Even if some of those are not out and out wingers.

*Arguable if they ditch Ledesma and Carayol signs a new contract?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Complete and utter drivel snipped to save anyone reading it again.

Thank **** you are no-where near managing/scouting or being involved with player recruitment for our team (or any team for that matter). You'd turn down someone like Vydra for Jeffrey Monakana or Mustapha Carayol. Yet again you've proved you know nothing about football. Your plan would have us relegated before Xmas.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The players these teams will release will not be in their starting 11s but ones who couldn't make the team.

I think we should steer clear of them, and sign proven first teamers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here