Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Sussex County League Football Returns To Withdean Stadium Next Season'

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I wonder if everyone's favourite protestor, Mr Catt, will take them to the High Court for playing football there?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Blast from the past. Sure when I first started watching Ringmer in the Sussex Co. League late 1960s Old Varndenians were in the same league. Dunno where they played though

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I noticed those signs yesterday. Interesting to the back story. Might just wander along on the odd international break weekend for old times sake

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
The Sussex county football league are adding 6 teams to div 3 including AFC (old) Varndenians and Montpelier Villa that finished 7th and 8th respectively in the Mid Sussex Premier. Montpelier Villa play their home games at the Falmer Sports complex where the Albion used to train. I believe the County league are looking to add 2 more teams to div 2 the season after too.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The League is changing its name next season to "Southern Combination Football League". The initials will remain the same.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
in the last 10 years they have well and truly ruined the Mid Sussex Leagues generally which is a real shame

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here