Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer targets

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
There have been a lot of threads/posts about our poor spending or our inability to buy quality players.

If we thought it was a frustrating summer last year this summer will be even harder.

One thing a lot of people like to do is say we need to spend/we need to get top players in and whilst their right i find myself ask who?

if we look at our position and our financial constraints who could we attract? who could we afford realistically? who would improve the team?

Matt done (sheff utd) striker
Demarai gray (winger) birmingham
Joe garner (striker) preston

these are just some of my ideas

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
One small problem, if we're looking at players then there's another 8 clubs also looking and we'll not be able to compete with them.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Maybe Brighton should hold an open day. Barber and Bloom offer potential players minimum wage, Pie and pint after the game. Win win. FFP satisfied and their pockets are too. :lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There have been a lot of threads/posts about our poor spending or our inability to buy quality players.

If we thought it was a frustrating summer last year this summer will be even harder.

One thing a lot of people like to do is say we need to spend/we need to get top players in and whilst their right i find myself ask who?

if we look at our position and our financial constraints who could we attract? who could we afford realistically? who would improve the team?

Matt done (sheff utd) striker
Demarai gray (winger) birmingham
Joe garner (striker) preston

these are just some of my ideas

Birmingham turned down a £5 million+ bid for Gray earlier in the season, so I think we may well be able to take him off the list.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
fair point

who would your pick be?

I think we need to be looking beyond the English league structure - irrespective of nationality, there is generally far better value for money to be found abroad.

Perhaps if we're looking for a winger (and I'd suggest we probably ought to be), someone like Pablo Hervias from Real Sociedad might be worth a look.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here