Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolf whistling now a crime?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Telegraph front page.

In the first case of its kind police have investigated wolf whistling as potential sex crime...Poppy Smart 23...complained about lecherous men whistling at her....

What a load of Bollocks....however on bright side front page picture of pretty girl preferable to Milliband or Cameron..

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Issue is this happened for weeks every day and they actually came out in front of her. Amounts to harassment, not a 1 off wolf whistle.....

What, so there's a perfectly good explanation for this and a newspaper is sensationalising a story in the hope it will cause outrage and people to shout "this is political correctness gone MAD!"....

Well I never

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What, so there's a perfectly good explanation for this and a newspaper is sensationalising a story in the hope it will cause outrage and people to shout "this is political correctness gone MAD!"....

Well I never
:lol:

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I think it's wrong. How would you like having your wife/girlfriend whistled and leered at?. We're not Pakistan or India.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Hi, this is the 1950s calling. We'd like our misogyny back.

Seriously though, what kind of smarmy dickhead still wolf whistles at women? Did he really expect her to be impressed by his whistling prowess and fall at his feet?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I think it's wrong. How would you like having your wife/girlfriend whistled and leered at?. We're not Pakistan or India.

Assuming you're a straight man, how would you feel if some (obviously gay, although you may even think they're straight) guy came down the road and called you 'lush'. Intimidatory????

After all, male rape does happen.

People don't want that kind of attention, even if they are attractive, and the lady concerned is preparing to go to work, going about her lawful business, which she should expect to do so unhindered either by real or 'percieved' threats.

It's the same kind of behaviour that requires people to NOT go stalking (which IS a crime).

Last edited:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Hi, this is the 1950s calling. We'd like our misogyny back.

Misogyny = dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.....Surely Wolf whistle say almost opposite...I like the look of/fancy you....

And of course you think that a women wants to feel intimidated, objectified as a sex object, and not treated and respected as a human being......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Misogyny = dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.....Surely Wolf whistle say almost opposite...I like the look of/fancy you....

Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including sexual discrimination, denigration of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification of women.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Telegraph front page.

In the first case of its kind police have investigated wolf whistling as potential sex crime...Poppy Smart 23...complained about lecherous men whistling at her....

What a load of Bollocks....however on bright side front page picture of pretty girl preferable to Milliband or Cameron..

Disgraceful, isn't it. We might as well be living in North Korea!

Let's vote for UKIP to put a stop to this PC nonsense and turn back the clock to the 1970s or 1950s, so we can once again be disrespectful to women and minorities without liberal fascists spoiling our fun :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here