Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baltimore Is Burning

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
The police have started throwing the rocks back now.

image.jpg

Either that or he's catching a biscuit. The state of them!

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I've received notice that a few of the highly trained Chicago Police riot units will be going to Baltimore mainly as a way of showing solidarity and to aid in tactical situations that the Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Maryland State troopers and Maryland National Guard may need help with.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Burning Baltimore can only make it better. What a ghastly place it is, much of it looks like Beirut during its war. Hard to understand how US cities can have levels of urban depravation that are so extreme and so big, and then drop a luxury waterside development in there and think everything is OK. Different scale to anything you can see in the UK.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
My family lived in the DC Maryland suburbs from 78-82 and I developed a soft spot for Baltimore which was always more down to earth and less up itself than Washington. That period also saw a lot of re-generation in the harbour area but that has never seemed to spread to the rest of the city. It's sad to see that its become a by-word for urban deprivation as its in the middle of one of the most affluent parts of the world's richest country.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Two massive problems in American culture today is police brutality and racism. It is unsurprising that it is finally manifesting itself like this - in fact, we should probably expect more of the same.

I have to agree with this. It seems every other week there's a story of a black person being killed by the police. Sadly there's no easy or quick fix and even if this is possible the country is a few generations away from resolution IMHO.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Baltimore is looking more like Croydon every day.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I have to agree with this. It seems every other week there's a story of a black person being killed by the police. Sadly there's no easy or quick fix and even if this is possible the country is a few generations away from resolution IMHO.

Agree, having their first black President doesn't seem to have eliminated the problem, but must also add that there also plenty of white people killed by American police every year too.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Bollocks, Ive seen the story in several news sources

It has been covered more than anything on American telly that I can remember. Unfortunately each case of suspected police brutality that is recorded is given a trial in the court of public opinion that is extremely superficial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here