Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] team for Middlesbrough

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
pick your team for middlesborough here is my team and if you want to change it i dont mind

stockdale

calderon
hughes
dunk
bennett

stephens
ince
kayal

lualua
cms
ogrady

subs
walton
greer
JFC
best
holla
harris
halford

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Walton

Dunk-Halford-Greer

Calderon-Ince-Kayal-Stephens-Bennett

O'Grady-Mackail Smith​

Subs: not Best.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Defo with you on that midfield trio of Kayal,Ince and Stephens. Surely the foundation for next season.I'm not in the Stockdale bashing brigade but maybe Walton could have another run out.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Defo with you on that midfield trio of Kayal,Ince and Stephens. Surely the foundation for next season.I'm not in the Stockdale bashing brigade but maybe Walton could have another run out.
Yeah, it's no reflection on Stockdale, but giving Walton more game time is beneficial. Hopefully we'll see a few youngsters on the bench and brought on for some minutes.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Not really bothered either way. Just get up there, turn in a proud decent performance whoever it is on the pitch, get home and draw a thick line underneath this wretched season.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Can't disagree with you on your selection Mark, Though I'd prefer a 4-2-3-1 formation.

---------------------------Stockdale---------------------------
Calde------------Greer-----------Dunk----------Bennett--
---------------Kayal--------------------Ince-------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
CMS------------------Stephens-------------------Lua Lua
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------O'Grady-----------------------------

I think this offers a good balance between attack and defence, Kayal can move forward with Ince sitting deep when need too. CMS can be more of a roaming player, him out wide with the pace he has is enough to stretch defenders. We also know he can produce a quality cross (Forest away last year) so with O'Grady in the middle, he should be aiming for the head.

I've often felt Lua Lua needs another winger, he's relied upon too much. Another wide and pacey player should open Lua Lua up to more dangerous runs, it'd also mean O'Grady and Stephens can exploit the defence being opened up. Kayal sitting behind as the defence gets wider means any rebounded or cleared ball can be quickly gathered and we know he has a step over or two to join in on the attack.

That's my analysis anyway. I could obviously be so far from the truth that even CMS could score between the gap!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Bournemouth get promotion tonight this is pretty much a friendly for Middlesbrough, so we can play some of the Dev Squad.

pensionseagull

Aug 7, 2013
Not really bothered either way. Just get up there, turn in a proud decent performance whoever it is on the pitch, get home and draw a thick line underneath this wretched season.

I'm afraid I agree completely, can't wait for this season to end.
Hopefully, the current clearout will enable us to have a positive summer. We certainly need this to look forward to the 15/16 season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Walton
Calderon
Bennett
Hughes
Dunk
Rea
Ince
Kayal
Harris
KLL
CMS

Stockdale
Dallinson
Halford
JFC
O'Grady
Best
Muitt

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If Bournemouth get promotion tonight this is pretty much a friendly for Middlesbrough, so we can play some of the Dev Squad.

I hope that transpires, so we don't have to play virtually the same team yet again, learn nothing and lose.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Agree. What we can get away with in terms of fielding a (possibly) weaker team, giving some youngsters a run out, depends very much on the outcome of this evening's match.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
If 'Mufff go up tonight then 'Boro may well be tempted to rest a few for the imminent play-offs anyway. Might be youngsters on both sides!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't see any point in playing any of Best, CMS or O'Grady.

I honestly think we have more chance of getting a result playing a front 6 of Kayal, Stephens holding, JFC just ahead, KLL and Calde wide and Ince upfront.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The only real thing we have to ensure is that Stephens and Kayal don't get bad injuries.

Leave these 2 in Sussex.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Knowing Hughton's ultra positivity it will be:

Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Halford Hughes Bennett
Calderon Kayal Stephens JFC

Why play a striker if they never score anyway, right? We keep failing to get 0-0 so we obviously need to go more defensive...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Play none of the released players.

Play none of the loans.

Protect Stephens and Kayal from injury.

Walton

Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Calderon

Rea
JFC
Holla

Lua Lua
OGrady
Muitt

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I`d love to see,although won`t be there so see wrong word.....Let Rea play ....If he`s up for it next year lets see how he performs..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here