Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford match report

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
My final match report of this (wretched) season.

As ever, read it, or don't...

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?492-Albion-(Nil)-v-Watford-25-04-2015

For much of the half, as they had against Bournemouth, the Albion midfielders were more than matching their counterparts - Forster-Caskey and Stephens keeping and using the ball unfussily, and Kayal busy all over the pitch. Twent five minutes in though, a very significant moment in the game. Not many managers are bold enough to not only recognise so early that their game plan is not working, but to act on it, there and then.

Most would wait until half time to re-evaluate. Slavisa Jokanovic, Watford's fourth manager of a remarkable season, recognised that his three in midfield were second best, so re-shaped his side - sacrificing the visibly angry wing-back Anya, to add an additional midfielder in the shape of Daniel Toszer. From then on, the tide of the game shifted in his side's favour.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cheers Buddy. Excellent. You even confirmed the three chances Calde set up in the second half - I mentioned them elsewhere and there were disbelievers!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Cheers Buddy. Excellent. You even confirmed the three chances Calde set up in the second half - I mentioned them elsewhere and there were disbelievers!

Thanks.

I read your exchange on that other thread. I believe you and the other chap were at cross purposes - you refered to a chnace when 'CMS was through on the keeper', meaning the one when Calderon chested it on (and CMS bottled it), whereas the other poster thought you were referring to the one when CMS pulled up on the edge of the box (chasing Stockdlae's huge clearance).

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Good work indeed.

'Basque Prince of Sussex' needs to be on a flag (maybe it is...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here