Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's the Wheatsheaf thread gone ??

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Quite happily reading it at home, come to work and it's gone. What on earth could have been posted in a thread about a pub that has had it removed ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How odd!?

I commented on it only last night to thank the poster who said his sister owns it. We had a nice Sunday Lunch there yesterday (10 of us), kids had a great time in the garden, and I just posted to say what I good place I thought it was.

Didn't seem like there was anything too controversial on the thread...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It appears that most who have visited the pub have spoken well of it. As was said 1 plus point is the fact that they serve small portions of menu food for children rather than the standard kids menu of chips with burger, nuggets fish fingers etc.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Too many tales of ancient skullduggery I imagine :lolol:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I posted a question to the poster who kept slating the pub as to whether he was impartial or had an axe to grind last night. My alerts say I got a response at 6.48 am this morning, but as the thread has now been removed, I don't know what was said or by who.

Perhaps the owner of the Wheatsheaf asked for the thread to be pulled?

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
The Ozzy Osborne history is enough to get the thread and the pub pulled from the public domain

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One person, who has already made posts on this thread, made some very, very serious allegations that could land him in a huge amount of bother.

I will reinstate it when I've 'cleaned' it up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I got involved in a slanging match which I shouldnt have and at my age should know better I fully accept that. To anybody offended I apologise Lets now move on.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
On a positive note, I will repeat my post in that I went there yesterday with my family, my parents, and my sister and her family and we had a lovely lunch in a really welcoming friendly pub, with an impressive garden and kids play area. Food was reasonably priced, fresh and well cooked, great service. We all left having thoroughly enjoyed a lovely afternoon. I bet when the sun is properly out the place is absolutely heaving!

note: can happily recommend the lambs liver and bacon!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We always found liver and bacon to be popular and put that down to the fact that in most families, not every obviously, there is 1 person who like liver and the rest dont so it is not served at home very often. I am the only one of my wife and 3 children who likes liver if grilled or fried as an example.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The poster who clearly had a problem with the Wheatsheaf, (the chap who used to deliver to them) and who I asked if he was impartial, wasn't Bens Grandad.
I have no problem with the pub, there are far worse places to go i'm sure, what I did have a problem with was the chap who said I was talking crap, I know exactly what type of food they serve as I delivered the stuff, I don't have a problem with it, if ready made reheated grub is your thing, then fill your boots, I was just saying that in close proximity there are other establishments where the fayre is better quality but on the flip side it reflects a more expensive price.
Theres no axe to grind here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I got involved in a slanging match which I shouldnt have and at my age should know better I fully accept that. To anybody offended I apologise Lets now move on.

Bizarre revisionism there. I didn't see a slanging match at all. I did see you make very serious accusations as to the criminal activities of someone.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Why is Bens Grandad allowed on the internet? Let alone posting on here. Sure he creates more issues than he is worth?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

You keep doing it though and then apologize. Why do you go out of your way to be an arse- hole?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here