Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good bye Mr Cameron

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do not want the SNP holding the balance of power. Real difficulty ahead should that (as seems likely) be the case.

This. I can see no overall control, half-arsed coalitions that fail and a re-election within a few months. Ed seesm to be distancing himself from the SNP - odd, because it's the only chance he has of being in power (but he'd have to pander to Sturgeon's ransom demands)

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
I do not want the SNP holding the balance of power. Real difficulty ahead should that (as seems likely) be the case.

Why? Scotland MPs deserve the same say as other parts of the UK. The Labour party know they cannot be seen to be giving in to SNP so if they run a minority government they will simply do their thing and dare the SNP to vote them down just like every other party. The truth is that Labour Party policies are fairly close to SNP policies so the SNP will not bring them down and risk a Tory government. But they wont be given anything either

The real risk from the SNP is if the Tories win and the "Out" campaign win the EU referendum. Then, quite rightly in my view, the SNP will demand a second referendum which they will win. Perhaps a Tory win is what they really want but can't say. Then there really will be "real difficulty" ahead if you believe in a UK

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Think what it all comes down to is some English people will feel they are being overrun by the "Scottish overlord" In their mind it's put the English 2nd to the Scots.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
I agree there is a 'scare' factor... however would these same people consider themselves currently being overrun by Lib Dems? I doubt it.

In reality though. Do the Lib Dems really have a chance outside of a hung agreement?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I can't wait because we're all going to be better off, b@llox to the next generation, they can pay off our debts cause I'll be long gone.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I agree there is a 'scare' factor... however would these same people consider themselves currently being overrun by Lib Dems? I doubt it.

Which the SNP are quite deliberately milking. The worst possible scenario for them is a Labour majority & the worst for the future of the union (& therefore the best for the SNP) is a Tory one

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nicola Sturgeon is the best MP in the UK. She is very polished, she stands up for Scotland (which incidentally doesn't have to be to the detriment of everybody else), and SNP policies are nice and clear. I wish she was English!

Honestly, I don't really understand what everyone is so frightened of, to be honest.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Why? Scotland MPs deserve the same say as other parts of the UK. The Labour party know they cannot be seen to be giving in to SNP so if they run a minority government they will simply do their thing and dare the SNP to vote them down just like every other party. The truth is that Labour Party policies are fairly close to SNP policies so the SNP will not bring them down and risk a Tory government. But they wont be given anything either

The real risk from the SNP is if the Tories win and the "Out" campaign win the EU referendum. Then, quite rightly in my view, the SNP will demand a second referendum which they will win. Perhaps a Tory win is what they really want but can't say. Then there really will be "real difficulty" ahead if you believe in a UK

some sense at last
good post

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Think what it all comes down to is some English people will feel they are being overrun by the "Scottish overlord" In their mind it's put the English 2nd to the Scots.

Longshanks will be spinning in his grave :lolol:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Nicola Sturgeon is the best MP in the UK. She is very polished, she stands up for Scotland (which incidentally doesn't have to be to the detriment of everybody else), and SNP policies are nice and clear. I wish she was English!

Honestly, I don't really understand what everyone is so frightened of, to be honest.
This.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Polished and after her recent and I might say apparent make over after a glass or two of Chablis I would give her a royal rodgering too!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Nicola Sturgeon is not an MP. She is a MSP. She is not standing for election to the House of Commons. I love the idea of a separatist party, led by someone who is not a member of the British parliament, holding the balance of power and dictating terms to the United Kingdom government.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here