Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blocked sink - Plumber required.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Having spent a fortune on chemicals and pokey spring things; I've given up.

Time to call in an expert.

Any recommendations?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Have you tried switching it off then on again?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The blockage is well beyond the u bend as I've already had that out!

can you get to the next bend on the pipe run after the U-bend? It's probably there. A nice considerate plumber may have put in an access bend so you can unblock it, Failing which depending on how competent you are feeling cut the pipe a couple of inches past the bend (presuming solvent weld) scoop away with springy thing/bent coat hanger and rejoin with a straight connector.
If anyone tells you it needs jetting tell them to do one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it not a case of following the pipes from the sink length by length as you can get at them to find where it is blocked? I wouldnt know as my DIY is useless although dad was a plumber.I learned nothing from him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Is it not a case of following the pipes from the sink length by length as you can get at them to find where it is blocked? I wouldnt know as my DIY is useless although dad was a plumber.I learned nothing from him.

Giving advice from a position of admitted zero knowledge is a new one on me.

How about getting the chimney swept...... But I am sure the OP is not daft enough to follow my obviously silly advice.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The blockage is well beyond the u bend as I've already had that out!

im wondering what the plumber will be able to do. you need more chemicals and a longer pokey thing (as the actress said...). try simple caustic soda, make it up strong and leave it longer (...). its all the plumber will do and charge £50 p/h for the privilege.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Isn't this the point in any plumbing thread where we usually all recommend John Boy's Dad and that old gumby who managed to get himself thrown out of the post-match 'disco' moans that John Boy's Dad is taking all his work?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Have you tried taking apart the plumbing putside of the house? (if you can get to it). My bathroom sink was blocked solid but i was able to fix it by taking apart the plumbing tubes that ran through the bathroom wall to the outside of the house and scraping the gunk/wet wipes etc out of them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Giving advice from a position of admitted zero knowledge is a new one on me.

How about getting the chimney swept...... But I am sure the OP is not daft enough to follow my obviously silly advice.

I wasnt giving advice but asking a question. When we had a blocked urinal or whatever we used One Stop or One Step whatever it was called from a plumbers merchants, expensive but very good. It always worked too unblock the pipes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here