Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Simple Improvement for Next Season

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Instead of Hughton, Jones and Calderwood all watching the game from the touchline, why doesn't one of them get themselves a seat high up in the West stand and watch the game where they can actually see what is going on. They might see something of use that they could relay to the bench.

Unless of course, Jones are Calderwood are vital to the workings of the Albion bench and we would be unable to hand out drinks without their input.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Instead of Hughton, Jones and Calderwood all watching the game from the touchline, why doesn't one of them get themselves a seat high up in the West stand and watch the game where they can actually see what is going on. They might see something of use that they could relay to the bench.

Unless of course, Jones are Calderwood are vital to the workings of the Albion bench and we would be unable to hand out drinks without their input.
think this idea certainly has merit.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Or maybe Tony could sign a decent manager like Gus and then back him up,instead of hamstringing him by giving Barber a job

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Pretty sure there is an analyst or two in the west upper and information from them is passed down to the bench.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It would not surprise me if there is an analyst looking at the tv feed of the game and also perhaps an analyst is actually up there amassing information.

I suggest this could be a question that is asked when there is a Question and Answer session.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Pretty sure there is an analyst or two in the west upper and information from them is passed down to the bench.

Well, for my part, up in the WSU I always shout "knock it left/right" pretty loudly. Not sure if the bench hear it though. Saying that, Ian Holloway did kinda look my way when I screamed "you effing Palace b*stard!" I few seasons back.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
It would not surprise me if there is an analyst looking at the tv feed of the game and also perhaps an analyst is actually up there amassing information.

I suggest this could be a question that is asked when there is a Question and Answer session.

There is always at least one analyst who sits in the WSU. Leaves shortly before halftime, they probably have radio comms too. This was Joaquín's role before being made 1st team coach under Hyypia.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

A coupl of the watford coaches were doing this onsaturday

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Bloody hell, that helped us a lot didn't it. My view from the WSU would have told them what the problems were..

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

This is why I love WSU. You really can see things that the players and others below cannot. It could be how much space is available on one side, how often an opposition full back gets caught to far forward or many other tactical advantages.

How you translate this into useful information to players who have an entirely viewpoint is another matter entirely mind you? :shrug:

el punal

This is why I love WSU. You really can see things that the players and others below cannot. It could be how much space is available on one side, how often an opposition full back gets caught to far forward or many other tactical advantages.

How you translate this into useful information to players who have an entirely viewpoint is another matter entirely mind you? :shrug:
Absolutely! Everyone of us up there is the future England manager and we don't even need a brolly! :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here