Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Give Tony Bloom his end of term mark

What mark would you give Tony Bloom for his term's (season's) work?

• A+

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • A

• A-

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • B+

• B

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • B-

• C+

• C

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • C-

Votes: 23 13.6%
  • D+

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • D

Votes: 34 20.1%
  • D-

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • E+

• E

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • E-

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • F

Votes: 21 12.4%

• Total voters

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
What position does he play then.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
E- would have been a F had we gone down but thanks to millwall we survived another season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He starts with a 10...

He loses a mark for not adequately replacing Leo, and another for not sacking Sami a few weeks before he resigned.

So, a mark of 8 out of 10, which I suppose is A- on the given scale.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
C - Disastrous transfer window dressed up repeatedly as a success, hiring a clear dud as manager then all edgy repeatedly refusing his resignation puts him down into E territory, but letting Hyypia go, sacking and recruiting a new transfer team and hiring Hughton bumps him back up to a C.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I go with a satisfactory C +. Acceptable but could have done better. The appointment of Hypia was wrong from the onset.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
D - An average season would be mid table, we were lucky not to be relegated due to disasterous transfer business. Should do better.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Was a little concerned that in the programme notes yesterday he implied that the main reason for our problems this year were the unplanned managerial changes. Doesn't seem to have done Watford much harm, does it?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
We are still not going bust though and still have a club, a Championship club, which is more than we have had for a long time.

Is TB still solvent? Has he identified someone with even more money to sell out to?
Because if the answers are 'yes' and 'no', that's simply not good enough.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist that he bankrupts himself getting the Albion promoted, or find someone who will.
It's what we expect, nay, deserve.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
C- did not use the investment wisely enough. Allowed PB to run the club on conservative housekeeping policies rather than go for it.But It's his money so I suppose that's irrelevant.

Dec 29, 2011
Surprised I have the second highest mark with B+. He appointed the best player recruitment manager he could in Burke, and a decent punt in Hyypia. Neither worked out and he acted to rectify his mistakes. He only loses a grade because he left it a few weeks too late. Apart from that, all is fine for me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
C - Thought he could coast along this term after A + markings. Must be more alert and admit mistakes can happen without constant attention.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
D- Disastrous pre season with the managerial appointment and recruitment.
He flew to Australia with the clueless Finn still in charge and even tried to talk him round when he resigned.
It would've been an E but is excused because of his investment in the club.

jfs

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I gave A minus. All the important infrastructure projects that will ensure our long term future is good are in place and going well. Only negative this year, hence the minus, was the managerial choice, but every new manager is a gamble, some work out, some don't, would be silly for any of us who don't have to make such difficult calls to criticise TB for getting one wrong.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
D-. The backing of Hyypia and Burke went on far too long. The summer transfer window was awful and I hope we have learned some lessons. We were told to judge at the end of Sept. Would be an E or F had there not been 3 worse teams in this division - against whom we only won one game from 6.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here