Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have this feeling that all will not be well in summer.........

I hope everything goes as planned and Chris Hughton gets the players he needs to make us challenge again next season but I feel he has realised just how much needs to be done and it is going to take a lot more than the board will be prepared to fund it!...He is not silly and I can imagine him walking if all he is allowed are loans and freebies and cheap cast offs..Please let me be wrong!!???

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I hope everything goes as planned and Chris Hughton gets the players he needs to make us challenge again next season but I feel he has realised just how much needs to be done and it is going to take a lot more than the board will be prepared to fund it!...He is not silly and I can imagine him walking if all he is allowed are loans and freebies and cheap cast offs..Please let me be wrong!!???

You remind me of Bens grandad. A miserable old b a r s t a r d who i find tedious. I hope i don't get like you when i age.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You remind me of Bens grandad. A miserable old b a r s t a r d who i find tedious. I hope i don't get like you when i age.

Just to point out I am not a miserable old barstard just realistic having seen it many times. I think we will get 3 or 4 free transfers a couple of loans and that elusive striker if the scouts can find one in Europe.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I try not to get miserable by thinking about what could happen, particularly when I have no inside info whatsoever.......much easier to deal with things if and when they actually do happen. You should try it.......

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I hope you are wrong but I also think you could be right . We need about 6 decent players including fire power and that is rarely cheap and guaranteed . If you offered me mid table next season I would take it . On the plus side we are surely due our best summer / pre season for a while so only way is up. Be nice to see us move early and make a statement signing . Someone who turns heads and could influence other potential signings , we need to show we mean business as our momentum from the amex is now over .

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I hope you are wrong but I also think you could be right . We need about 6 decent players including fire power and that is rarely cheap and guaranteed . If you offered me mid table next season I would take it . On the plus side we are surely due our best summer / pre season for a while so only way is up. Be nice to see us move early and make a statement signing . Someone who turns heads and could influence other potential signings , we need to show we mean business as our momentum from the amex is now over .
i wouldnt take mid table we need to be pushing for top 6 not mid table

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
But at the end of this year, we get the 8 million fee for Ulloa and the 2 million for leicester if they stay up. Also supposedly we getting the money for Buckley from sunderland as well, as both deals were delayed payment eg maybe why we didnt spend much money at beginning of season ?
I think we need 2 centre forwards - both proven in goalscoring, hopefully pay a decent fee for one proven in the championship.
Central midfielder a creative player like Vicente but obviousally not as good.
Winger someone who can cross the ball.
Centre back a young but powerful defender.
Also maybe couple of full backs.
id personally also put the following up for sale.
Stockdale (made some good saves but defence dont seem to have confidence in and the crowd get nervous when ball near him, this must have effect on defence.)
Greer - possibly look to move on but is on a positive good in the camp and been good overall since been at club.
Holla - i dont think is upto it at this standard.
Caskey forster - (if cant get the performances out of him like does for england under 21s might be better to cash in as will be plenty of clubs interested in him and get a decent fee.)
Crofts (dont think fitness wise and performances wise not as consistent as was properly on fair wages as well.)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Generally you don't get old and miserable, you just get old. Most miserable people have always been like it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just to point out I am not a miserable old barstard just realistic having seen it many times.
I won't accuse you of being miserable, but you certainly aren't realistic. 90% of your predictions fail to materialise. You are wronger than Jimmy Saville.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we can fund aquisition of (something like)

S.Ward
Bassong
Lansbury
E.Bennett
Mackie
Zamora
Ulloa 2

we should do well.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath

Totally agree!

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
September then we might panic buy one or two but will bring in another five loans and Hughton will play his five - six a game rotation system that he loves.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Maybe we all wait and see. We maybe presently surprised yet we may not.
The club have moved quickly to sort contracts they may just realise they need to move quickly in the transfer market as well

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Maybe we all wait and see. We maybe presently surprised yet we may not.
The club have moved quickly to sort contracts they may just realise they need to move quickly in the transfer market as well

Yeah, sign up dads army for another year as it's a cheap option.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here