Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Halford - nice gesture

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most of the players threw their shirts away to fans. In Halfords case it means nothing to him as just a mercenary footballer who got paid to do a job but good that he gave to somebody ina wheelchair who couldnt have grabbed it in the stands.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Most of the players threw their shirts away to fans. In Halfords case it means nothing to him as just a mercenary footballer who got paid to do a job but good that he gave to somebody ina wheelchair who couldnt have grabbed it in the stands.

Gracious as ever I see! :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Do you ever say anything pleasant about anyone?

stan-lee_1016520c.jpg

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
May have misheard, but I'm sure there was some low level grumbling/booing when he was walking over with the shirt.

Directed at the referee and his team who were just making their way off as he came over. Everyone in around me in the North was certainly clapping.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Just pointing out that they all threw them to the crowds and it was good that he gave his to a fan in a wheelchair who couldnt have grabbed for it like those on the stands can.

What does one of our shirts mean to him absolutely nothing.
Probably about the same as it means to 95% of the other players. Hate to break it to you, but they are all here for the money and their careers.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sadly BG was correct, it was a wayward header from Halford that went on to run down Greer's shin before they all stood there like lemmings and watched Deeney hammer it home.

But he's still a grumpy old sod.
Halford's header wasn't great, but Greer could have done a lot better, the ball was in the air for long enough for it to be dealt with properly. IMO of course.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Directed at the referee and his team who were just making their way off as he came over. Everyone in around me in the North was certainly clapping.

This. Happened pretty much right in front of us and pretty unanimous increase in applause. Well done Greg (and I hope he stays - decent versatile option on the bench at least)

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Had a quick look around the board today but cant find any mention of Greg Halford giving his shirt away to a lad in a wheelchair at the end of yesterdays game. What a lovely gesture ...top man Greg:thumbsup:

I'd hope every player would. I donate about £5 a week towards different charity's and I'm skint. His shirt doesn't cost him a penny.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Halford's header wasn't great, but Greer could have done a lot better, the ball was in the air for long enough for it to be dealt with properly. IMO of course.

Absolutely, pretty inept all round and the usual arms flailed blame anyone but himself reaction from Greer. Really tiresome that for our supposed captain he never mans up and takes responsibility. How he kept Lewandowski quiet I will never know. Probably just by kicking him I expect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here