Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abide With Me.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Thought the pre-match singer was very good and the Abide with me and the big screens was very moving.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
She was good, it was a shame it had to be so ear piercingly loud.
The overall effect was really quite unpleasant, especially with her horribly exaggerated, trilling vibrato on every... single... note.

Since Italia 1990 operatic performances have been increasingly force-fed to football crowds in a patronising and misguided attempt to bring high culture to the lumpen masses.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
The overall effect was really quite unpleasant, especially with her horribly exaggerated, trilling vibrato on every... single... note.

Since Italia 1990 operatic performances have been increasingly force-fed to football crowds in a patronising and misguided attempt to bring high culture to the lumpen masses.

Lol, we're all different aren't we, I thought she was outstanding [emoji3]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was a lovely touch and I actually enjoyed the performance though prefer Donna-Marie Hughes, as her voice is slightly softer.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Good voice, no place in a football ground !
Way too much make up as well, she looked really odd like she had let a 2 year old at her face
with a lipstick and eye shadow gun.

She made GOSBTS sound like something out of a Disney cartoon. Wasn't a fan.

I say this as someone who likes opera.

Very, very much This.

I honesty thought the club had mistakenly picked up a comedy version of Sussex by the sea.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here