Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora, would you want him back?

Bobby Zamora

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Seen a lot of jibber jabber about the big lad in multiple threads the past few days, seen alot of differing views so lets have it out, if BZ was available and wanted to come, would you take him?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
No; he wouldn't live up to the expectation because these days he's a shadow of the player he was. He can still do a job, but not consistently to a high level. I wouldn't want to tarnish the memories of Bobby in a Brighton shirt.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes. but NOT as the main striker. he doesnt score enough goals, but along side a younger pacey forward would be brilliant to see him a Falmer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are not many strikers available that fit the bill but BZ would score a few but he would also lay on a number for Baldock and such like so Yes I would have him back. I have previously said no when we can afford him he will be too old. but I am open minded on it now.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Fence, as I can't make up my mind. On the one hand he'd be an improvement on what we've got, on the other I think [MENTION=4147]shaolinpunk[/MENTION] makes a good point above.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
There are not many strikers available that fit the bill but BZ would score a few but he would also lay on a number for Baldock and such like so Yes I would have him back. I have previously said no when we can afford him he will be too old. but I am open minded on it now.

Keep them both fit... bobby and Sam would score plenty together

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Would create a buzz, YES but not on silly wages..

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Personally I would prefer to remember him as he was for us.

But if he was prepared to take a pay as you play deal with goal bonuses then yes he could be risked. But I would imagine that is unlikely to be acceptable to his agent.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Signing someone with no speed, who cant play twice a week, into an immobile team playing even more matches.

What could possibly go wrong?

Then again he used to play for the Albion which means he's one of the very few players we could possibly consider.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
If the wages are right and we manage his fitness then yes.

I would only expect him to start 20 games with his fitness issues.

Wages would be key as we need to sign IMHO 2 wide players and 2 forwards so his wages need to be at the right level to facilitate the other signings.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
No; he wouldn't live up to the expectation because these days he's a shadow of the player he was. He can still do a job, but not consistently to a high level. I wouldn't want to tarnish the memories of Bobby in a Brighton shirt.

I don't get this. Thierry Henry arsenals greatest legend came back on loan when he was way past his superlative prime, i doubt any arsenal fan expected the younger Henry, but he contributed if not for a full 90, scored goals, no doubt helped the younger players and the general buzz from fans would have lifted the club. It didn't diminish what he did first time.

Our greatest player in my life peterward, left, came back on loan for 4 months didn't hit his original heights but Peter Ward is remembered for what he did first time.

We have a team that's championship relegation level, with a points total that would send us down most years, our strikers can't buy a goal and We'd turn down a proven prem striker and goal scorer, miles better than anything in this club because of what he did donkeys years ago. What he did then as a young man will never be forgotten, it's a different much older and much more experienced BZ, but for so many reasons hed lift the club. Old timer Jason Roberts was the difference for Reading. BZ would be a massive coup. Forget sentiment he's easily good enough for our shower

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Signing someone with no speed, who cant play twice a week, into an immobile team playing even more matches.

What could possibly go wrong?

Then again he used to play for the Albion which means he's one of the very few players we could possibly consider.

Vicente?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I don't get this. Thierry Henry arsenals greatest legend came back on loan when he was way past his superlative prime, i doubt any arsenal fan expected the younger Henry, but he contributed if not for a full 90, scored goals, no doubt helped the younger players and the general buzz from fans would have lifted the club. It didn't diminish what he did first time.

Sadly, like it or not (and I hate it!) but Terry Henry and BZ (who I think was an awesome player for us) are worlds apart, also Arsenal can afford to pay past players Zillions of £s.........we can't.

Our greatest player in my life peterward, left, came back on loan for 4 months didn't hit his original heights but Peter Ward is remembered for what he did first time.

Time moves on, Peter (who I saw his debut for us) was not on a billion £ a week, If BZ comes back and fails, he will get remembered for failing (Personally I really don't want to remember him in the stripes that way)

We have a team that's championship relegation level, with a points total that would send us down most years, our strikers can't buy a goal and We'd turn down a proven prem striker and goal scorer, miles better than anything in this club because of what he did donkeys years ago. What he did then as a young man will never be forgotten, it's a different much older and much more experienced BZ, but for so many reasons hed lift the club. Old timer Jason Roberts was the difference for Reading. BZ would be a massive coup. Forget sentiment he's easily good enough for our shower

Pretty much see above, but if he came back his wages would dictate the expectations of not only the club but the fans, personally I think he would struggle to get anywhere near those expectations.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Unfortunately us Brighton fans hang onto nostalgia to much. Personally i think we need a couple of young strikers. Not players who are in the twilight of their career's. Aswell as never go back. Elliot Bennett the 2nd coming didn't work out to well did it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

like this comparison, needs the rank and file fan to understand that.

he is simply a good squad player too, that any team in the Championship would benefit from having around, forgetting the sentimentality. im mindfull that he has a knack of scoring those important goals when needed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
like this comparison, needs the rank and file fan to understand that.

he is simply a good squad player too, that any team in the Championship would benefit from having around, forgetting the sentimentality. im mindfull that he has a knack of scoring those important goals when needed.
We've seen the blue print on how to get out of this division going up.
We've seen the blue print on how to get out of this division going down.

Which category do you think a slow, physically worn out, comparatively elderly, despondent player would fit into?

The guy is a true Albion legend.
But it's about time the club and especially the fans found some new legends.
We should stop popping on the rosy specs and harking back to the days that were, when we're all completely honest with ourselves, also like this season a bit shit as well.

Does anyone actually want to rekindle our rivalry with Chester-feckin-field?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here