Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People need to realize...

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
It will take at least a couple of seasons before we are potentially challenging for the top 6 in this division again. We have to hope we can get good players on the cheap, Bloom has made his position clear. Large cohort of our squad is too old now, if people think there will be massive changes to the squad and we will get top quality striker(s) then dream on.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
It will take at least a couple of seasons before we are potentially challenging for the top 6 in this division again. We have to hope we can get good players on the cheap, Bloom has made his position clear. Large cohort of our squad is too old now, if people think there will be massive changes to the squad and we will get top quality striker(s) then dream on.
so we could be in for another season like this one then

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I disagree.

A few decent signings and more importantly a bit of organisation and confidence and we can do OK. Get a good start and who knows

Player for player there is not a lot between teams at this level.

On the other hand we could be sh*t again!

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008

We blew our chance with Poyet mate, our squad has been getting steadily older and our best players leaving. People are living in dreamworld if we're going to clear the decks and sign promotion calibre players.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I agree you only have to look at teams like Bournemouth and Brentford to realise you need to put a shift in, in this league……

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

A good bit of positively, but have a feeling you are not far wrong.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Are you TB's right hand man or are you guessing like everybody else on here?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not at all. Four or five GOOD signings (but not necessarily hugely expensive - I don't expect to be breaking transfer records), stable management over the summer, and starting out well organised next season, I fully expect a great improvement. Not the play-offs or automatic promotion - unrealistic, and will take time. But we won't be scrabbling round the bottom like this season.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Not at all. Four or five GOOD signings (but not necessarily hugely expensive - I don't expect to be breaking transfer records), stable management over the summer, and starting out well organised next season, I fully expect a great improvement. Not the play-offs or automatic promotion - unrealistic, and will take time. But we won't be scrabbling round the bottom like this season.

Agreed. But mid table mediocrity for the next 2 seasons at least imo...

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Agree. If we had money to spend, we could have spent it at the start of this season. Evolution, not revolution, is what we can expect.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We blew our chance with Poyet mate, our squad has been getting steadily older and our best players leaving. People are living in dreamworld if we're going to clear the decks and sign promotion calibre players.
People like Kayal are promotion calibre. Not all sides that go up are full of quality.
If you can honestly see £10m+ being invested in the squad after this seasons antics then I'll have some of what you're on please.
So what do you think we'll be spending? We'll obviously be spending more than £10m on the squad, including wages, and it's hard to imagine we'll be breaking the FFP rules (is the limit for losses £8m, as this season?)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We'll obviously be spending more than £10m on the squad, including wages, and it's hard to imagine we'll be breaking the FFP rules (is the limit for losses £8m, as this season?)

What makes people think that we will spend that kind of money. If that is the case why did TB not provide it for CH when he was appointed before the January window? It cant be all down to FFP.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
People like Kayal are promotion calibre. Not all sides that go up are full of quality.
So what do you think we'll be spending? We'll obviously be spending more than £10m on the squad, including wages, and it's hard to imagine we'll be breaking the FFP rules (is the limit for losses £8m, as this season?)

£10m including wages? You have pretty much proved my point that we won't be going anywhere fast. We need to invest 4/5 mil on strikers alone at the bare minimum at the going rate, at that's without looking at all our other shortcomings in terms of strengthening the squad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What makes people think that we will spend that kind of mone
Because our wage bill is double that, and that doesn't include the cost of buying players, so I don't see how we can be spending under £10m. But maybe that's not what he meant, and if it's not, maybe he can say exactly what he did mean.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
I think Bloom & the Board are extremely fortunate with the number of people sticking by the Club after the last 18 months. But I believe this is now the critical period where everyone will be watching what they do next intently.

Platitudes & spin will not be tolerated anymore. If there's no war chest then we can't expect Bloom to magic one out of the air. But similarly they can't expect the same level of attendance and income. People will (& are, I know a few who haven't renewed & will choose their games) walk away.

I've renewed & will continue to do so. I didn't spend over the odds for so many years pre Amex, watching poor football in even worse conditions just to walk away now. But there's plenty of people who don't think that way.

I was encouraged with his decision to change the recruitment strategy but concerned that it took so long to ditch Hyypia. A question mark over his judgement.

Bloom needs to learn from the last 18 months and consider the consequences of his next actions very carefully.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Sure it will..we have gone from promotion material..to hang on material...sadly I think we will be hang on material next season...unless and it`s a massive unless we sign a Goalscorer or preferably two...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry I misread it I though it was £10m more than this season. I expect us to buy very few, if any
I don't know what it meant to be honest. We certainly won't be spending £10m more than we did this season, that would be mental. We're already committed to 16ish players, so we need quite a few more. We've released CMS, Kemy, Hughes, Maksimenko and McCourt, then there's a few loans that won't be extended. CMS frees up about £1.4m a year on his own, so we should have a reasonable chunk to spend. I expect us to buy some decent players.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I believe that Bloom & the Board plan to pocket as much money as possible. They plan to spend as little as possible and hope that they sign promotable footballers so they can recoup a lot of the money they spend all the while staying in the championship. There is no way that will be stated but once you pull the wool over the fans eyes once and get away with it why would you not do it again. I truly believe most of the STH are fools for buying ST again for 2015-16.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here