Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1964/1965 players

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Please put me out of my misery as I couldn't hear the announcements.

I recognised Dave Turner and Norman Gall but who were the others?

Their team was just before my time unfortunately.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Steve Burtenshaw and Jimmy Collins. I remember 1 game when Dave Turner cracked his ribs, went off had them strapped up and came back on to finish the game

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Dave Turner was my very first Albion hero. Considering the battering he took when he played, I'm surprised he looked so good for his age. A true warrior.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Dave Turner was looking good. And good to see Sir Norman Gall too, they were the only players from the group that I actually saw play.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Thought this a rough estimate on how many loaners we've used this season

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Dave Turner was as hard as nails, but could play a bit too. There was one game in, er, 1970? when he beat about four players on a mazy dribble before scoring at the South Stand end of The Goldstone. I think it was against either Oldham or Halifax. Some team in orange that we beat 4-0, anyway.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Dave Turner was as hard as nails, but could play a bit too. There was one game in, er, 1970? when he beat about four players on a mazy dribble before scoring at the South Stand end of The Goldstone. I think it was against either Oldham or Halifax. Some team in orange that we beat 4-0, anyway.

it was Halifax,Alan Gilliver scored a 2nd half hat-trick that night

Lammie Robertson played for Halifax

I don't know if Hiney's programmes goes back that far but there's pictures of Dave Turner's mazy run in both the Southport & Stockport programmes 69-70

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here