Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Best <Booooooooooooo>

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I arrived into the WSU at about 12:13 today due to morning plans all going slower than intended.

Did I hear correctly - was Leon Best booooooooooooooooooooooooo-ed when announced as a substitute immediately prior to kick-off?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Certainly what it sounded like. He took a place on the bench that could have used to give experience to a young player.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You did hear correctly. Pretty shabby from some of our fans, IMHO, especially before kick-off.

I'm as disappointed as anyone with this season but - no matter how dreadful he might be - this just smacks of cheap scapegoating.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]
Was that you who tried a short cut through the Bennets Field works only to be met by a 6 foot fence and no way out. We were in hysterics watching fans try to get over the fence only to be met by more fencing. One fan disappeared down by the train line.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Why is Best being used as the scapegoat? He isn't any worse than the rest of the current shower up front. For instance CMS may give the impression of trying by running around a lot, but he hasn't scored many either.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
He was definitely booed by some people in the North - to be honest I can't disagree with them. I watched him closely in the prematch warm up and he was completely disinterested - lazy and obviously thinks he's a bit too good for us. But worryingly probably also knows that he only needs to be put in half a shift to get offered a contract

D

Deleted member 2719

Not sure I have booed an Albion player before but after a few shandies I found that when his name was mentioned my lips formed a booing style and before I knew it it came out, oh yes baby it felt soooo good too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]
Was that you who tried a short cut through the Bennets Field works only to be met by a 6 foot fence and no way out. We were in hysterics watching fans try to get over the fence only to be met by more fencing. One fan disappeared down by the train line.

No. I used Mithras House PnR.

(Incidentally, I've used it for the last two home games, the first time I've used a PnR and it works really well. Saved me £30 on The Bridge parking, which was my intention for both games, but I aborted that plan on hitting the ridiculous traffic)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
No. I used Mithras House PnR.

(Incidentally, I've used it for the last two home games, the first time I've used a PnR and it works really well. Saved me £30 on The Bridge parking, which was my intention for both games, but I aborted that plan on hitting the ridiculous traffic)

Thoroughly recommend Mithras House for P&R but always use the 25 for return .

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
His laziness was summed up when he decided he couldn't be arsed to come out after the game for the lap of appreciation.

Just as well, wouldn't have got much of a reception.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Why is Best being used as the scapegoat? He isn't any worse than the rest of the current shower up front. For instance CMS may give the impression of trying by running around a lot, but he hasn't scored many either.

But therein lies the difference. Neither of them appear likely to score, but at least CMS tries to show a bit of effort. Best is just a waste of space. Please God, don't let CH sign him for next season. I'd rather have a trier that can't score than a "look at me I'm great" waste of space.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Both have no ability in goalscoring right now - granted, but CMS actually puts some effort in where as Best looks like he couldnt give a f*ck and that he doesnt want to be here.

He isnt a scapegoat - he is just incredibly lazy and since he is a striker which is where our main problems lie - thats why fans have an issue with him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here