Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you believe Hughton can put together a top 6 side?

Can Hughton build a top 6 side

• Yes

Votes: 170 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 112 39.7%

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As the title says.

Despite not having the greatest assets to work with I have been very underwhelmed with what Hughton has done so far. I don't think his only job would have been survival, I'm sure bloom and the board would have expected a bit more than 5th bottom.
Obviously still early days and will need a summer of rebuilding, but his refusal to use the youth players while continuing with the same loan players who failed week in week out doesn't bode well for me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
As the title says.

Despite not having the greatest assets to work with I have been very underwhelmed with what Hughton has done so far. I don't think his only job would have been survival, I'm sure bloom and the board would have expected a bit more that 5th bottom.
Obviously still early days and will need a summer of rebuilding, but his refusal to use the youth players while continuing with the same loan players who failed week in week out doesn't bode well for me.

with the players we had, what were they on .....and where can I get some

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Yes, Keep Stockdale, Baldock, Kayal and go from there.

In essence, this. We need a right good clear out and give the guy a chance to build something. Won't suit the 'I want to be 20 points clear by Xmas instant success' merchants but it WILL take a season or so.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
As the title says.

Despite not having the greatest assets to work with I have been very underwhelmed with what Hughton has done so far. I don't think his only job would have been survival, I'm sure bloom and the board would have expected a bit more than 5th bottom.

Whilst I agree with all your points made, I think he has the potential to do it. I was particularly angered by the playing of the loan players today, I would much rather have seen some fringe or devt players step up at this point. What was there to lose?

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Easy answer to that one is...NO, not in one summer transfer window anyway.

If players were made of bricks and mortar then Tony B would have no issue spending the required dosh, as it is...No

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
I do but Blooms going to have to put his hand in his pocket and allow CH to pick his own players with a half decent budget set by the club. Can't build a strong foundation on loans.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The difference between 5th and 6th on the one hand, and 14th and 15th on the other, isn't that great.
So, sure, yes he can.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whilst I agree with all your points made, I think he has the potential to do it. I was particularly angered by the playing of the loan players today, I would much rather have seen some fringe or devt players step up at this point. What was there to lose?
Had he listened to you we would have been in trouble with FL for not fielding our strongest side/ Watford are promoted as are Bournemouth if they win on Monday so we could do it next week.no problem

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
can hughton build a top 6 side?..................... Yes

but it depends most on Will Bloom allow Hughton to build a top 6 side?

A) Will bloom splash the cash early,not miss Hughtons targets and give newbee's pre season?

B) Will bloom leave everything to the 11th hour in hope of getting last min bargains and leave a pissed off Hughton with a choice of last turkey in shop, dross or poor quality loans?

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
i want to yes but thats all down to bloom on how much money he gives hughton for the playing side to make us into a top 6 team

its not all about the money, look at Berem Kayal, probably our best player at the moment and cost relatively little

I do but Blooms going to have to put his hand in his pocket and allow CH to pick his own players with a half decent budget set by the club. Can't build a strong foundation on loans.
lets hope the board allow him to do just this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here