Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calde on his way?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Another comment from a Facebooker...

"Interesting comment from Calde after the presentation. I said well done and look forward to seeing you next season. His reply? We'll see!"

D

Deleted member 2719

If Calde goes it would be a disaster, Hughton probably finds him to positive.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was a strange tweet after the clubs press release yesterday.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Done more in a few minutes than the comedy act he replaced.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I wouldn't read too much into it. It's been a long season, he has probably played the best football of his career, and has been voted player of the season. Maybe going out on a high and hanging up his boots is an option, but so is signing a new contract.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Perhaps he's thinking that he won't get any game time next season, even if he accepts the new contract?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hopefully he'll retire so we can put the money towards a younger better RB

I know some want him still playing into his 50's but if promotion is the goal, poor old Calde has to be left behind

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
If Calde goes it would be a disaster, Hughton probably finds him to positive.

I don't get it with Calde. I know he loves the club and always plays with such enthusiasm and commitment. But he his not a very good right back and and even worse right midfielder.

There are dozen of threads on here asking how we are going to strengthen the squad and get us back into the top 6. Replacing sub-standard players like Calde is one way of dong it. I was disappointed when he and Bruno were offered new contracts. Not because I do not appreciate what they have done for our club, but because it is time for the club to move forward.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't get it with Calde. I know he loves the club and always plays with such enthusiasm and commitment. But he his not a very good right back and and even worse right midfielder.

There are dozen of threads on here asking how we are going to strengthen the squad and get us back into the top 6. Replacing sub-standard players like Calde is one way of dong it. I was disappointed when he and Bruno were offered new contracts. Not because I do not appreciate what they have done for our club, but because it is time for the club to move forward.

I agree, he was not even a first choice player after Poyet signed Bruno. Now he's our POS , that should tell you how far backwards we've gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here