Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where to start the rebuild.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where do you start sign a goalscorer or defenders and keep clean sheets? In an ideal world we should sign 2 full backs, fast centre back 2 wide men a striker and possibly a reliable consistant keeper although that is probably the least urgent. So where do you start personally I would start with the back four. Despite thinking about it there are very few obvious choices for strikers available. probably the best out of contract is BZ.

Where do you start sign a goalscorer or defenders and keep clean sheets? In an ideal world we should sign 2 full backs, fast centre back 2 wide men a striker and possibly a reliable consistant keeper although that is probably the least urgent. So where do you start personally I would start with the back four. Despite thinking about it there are very few obvious choices for strikers available. probably the best out of contract is BZ.

Not really your job daddad! Take it easy and put your feet up for a few months,plenty paid alot of money to sort it!:moo:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
personally I would start with the back four
That's because you're as mad as a box of frogs.

Seriously BG, I worry about you. You must be a whisker from being put in a home. Our problem is that we can't score goals, and you want to get 2 full backs, a centre back, 2 wide men, another keeper and only 1 striker!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Best place to start wpuld probably find new clubs for Greer, Bruno, and O'Grady.

Then apart from Dunk, replace the entire defence, and then get a couple of wide men and a few strikers.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The problem with prioritising one position and then moving onto another once that one is filled is that the choice of players becomes smaller and smaller as time goes on - it's not the best approach. Instead you would hope that a list of targets that covers all those positions has already been drawn up and it's now just a case of making enquiries.

D

Deleted member 2719

It was suggested by Robert on Radio Sussex phone in that this has been spoken about at the club. I am not certain eiither way for sacking him or keeping him but whatever I hope they make a decision within the next 7 days.

OK didn't hear phone in, but I hope its not as long as 7 days. Playing Greer in a wide three man defence what on earth was Hughton thinking.He really over thinks management and needs to go quick before his negativity spreads to the whole stadium.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It was suggested by Robert on Radio Sussex phone in that this has been spoken about at the club. I am not certain eiither way for sacking him or keeping him but whatever I hope they make a decision within the next 7 days.

Robert on Radio Sussex phone in?

:ffsparr:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The problem with prioritising one position and then moving onto another once that one is filled is that the choice of players becomes smaller and smaller as time goes on - it's not the best approach. Instead you would hope that a list of targets that covers all those positions has already been drawn up and it's now just a case of making enquiries.

we can but hope.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I would only keep Dunk out of the defence , Ince Kayal , Stephens , Lua Lua , JFK , from the midfield and Balldock from attack ( not unless we can sell him for a good price ) the rest can go , they are either not good enough or to old

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Where do you start sign a goalscorer or defenders and keep clean sheets? In an ideal world we should sign 2 full backs, fast centre back 2 wide men a striker and possibly a reliable consistant keeper although that is probably the least urgent. So where do you start personally I would start with the back four. Despite thinking about it there few obvious choices for strikers available. probably the best out of contract is BZ.

We need too many new signings to compete , to even come close to achieving FFP,expect more of the same next season i am afraid

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's because you're as mad as a box of frogs.

Seriously BG, I worry about you. You must be a whisker from being put in a home. Our problem is that we can't score goals, and you want to get 2 full backs, a centre back, 2 wide men, another keeper and only 1 striker!

Because for whatever misguided reasoning we will not play 2 up front. Perhaps if we could signa decent target man who hold the ball up and score goals we could play Baldock just behind him as a support striker.

Bruno/Calderon are both too old and suspect
Bennet is not ours, thankfully
Neither Greer or Halford are now good or quick enough.
Lua Lua is not the player he was and Carayol is going back having agreed a new deal with Middlesbro

Striker that is the problem as there are just none about that would appear to fall into our price and wage bracket.

As I said I would like a better keeper but that isnt urgent at the moment

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
probably need 4-5 players. the thing about football team is that it can perform more than or less than the sum of its parts. consider Bournemouth for the former and Fulham for the latter (on paper still a tidy Champioship squad).

so alot of the players we have are better than they have been. bring in confidence and a bit of competition and suddenly half the players will be promotion quality. obviously two new strikers, one of which is a proven goal scorer not in their mid 30's, quality center back to give proper competition and cover, winger and quality/experienced midfielder.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because for whatever misguided reasoning we will not play 2 up front.
But we can't go an entire season with just one decent striker, and you haven't included a creative play-maker in your list either. We need to spend a significant chunk of our budget on a couple of strikers and a play-maker, and there won't be much left for your other wishes.

Striker that is the problem as there are just none about that would appear to fall into our price and wage bracket.
How do you figure there are none about? Are you a professional scout that has scoured every league in Europe? And what is our price and wage bracket?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here