Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship automatic promotion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...could be all sown up on Monday night if things stay as they are and plucky Bournemouth manage to slay the giants from Bolton.

It would make it a bit of a damp squid at Boro next Saturday where they've sold out, or close to it, in anticipation of trying to clinch promotion.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nailed on win for Bournemouth , Simon Hooper is the ref.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
10 men Middlesbrough are losing 3-2 :ohmy:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
4-3 to Fulham, Watford promoted if scores stay the way they are

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Watford promoted.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Well done Watford, they should've (and so should we :( :cry: :tantrum: ) have gone up in 2012-13, I don't know what happened to them last season, on promotion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And the best village team in the land are in the conference play-offs! Can Forest Green make it into the league?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is said the route to automatic promotion is win at home and draw a way. That would have given us 6 points for 2 home wins and 3 points for 3 away draws total 9 points, but so far we are 4 points up on this schedule. Long may it continue.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well the route to promotion is also getting as close to 24 points off the bottom 4 as possible. Let's hope we arn't as woeful against the struggling teams as last season.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I truly believe that this is the season that we crack the big time & make it to The Premiership. I believe. After 40 years of highs & lows I believe that this is the time to take this club forward with some permanence.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The formula I suggested as being standard would over come that.
It would of course, but get 24 points vs the bottom 4, means you just need 1.5 points per match over the remaining 38 games to get 81 points in total, which is nearly there...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Don't see us as Auto candidates just yet. We're a lightyear from where we were last season but not sure we have the depth of squad to finish in the top two unless we get very lucky with injuries...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't see us as Auto candidates just yet. We're a lightyear from where we were last season but not sure we have the depth of squad to finish in the top two unless we get very lucky with injuries...
Let's just aim for top spot, and then if we don't quite make it we may still be top 6, perhaps setting up a RLZ winner at Wembley...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here