Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pathetic refereeing ----------- again.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Aside from the fact it is hard enough to support a team that can't score we have to endure officials that are worse than inept. Since wheels are you aloud to jump, lead with your elbow, not even look at the ball and still remain on.the pitch! That plus Deeney twice body checking players , the second of which should have warranted a booking which would have either seen him sent off for the tackle on Bennett or not make the tackle at all. Thank God that season is over for me.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I watched a stream of the match. Stop whinging and just enjoy the fact that the season is as good as over :thumbsup:

Besides, the ref's a boyhood Luton fan anyway, apparently :lol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
CMS got tugged back in a one on one too. Having said that, we lost cause we cannot score, not because of the ref.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Blame the ref.. we have lost again!

That sort of reaction really annoys me. No one is blaming the ref for our defeat but we are allowed to discuss his performance whether we win or lose. I thought he was generally awful today, totally inconsistent and the assault on Dunk deserved a red every day of the week.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He lost control of the game after about 20 minutes by not booking Deeney for three snidey fouls and then booking Kayal for the same offence.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
That sort of reaction really annoys me. No one is blaming the ref for our defeat but we are allowed to discuss his performance whether we win or lose. I thought he was generally awful today, totally inconsistent and the assault on Dunk deserved a red every day of the week.

No, the 'assault' on Dunk was not a red. Admittedly I was watching via the TV and saw multiple replays. Anyhow the linesman was consulted and he agreed with the yellow.

In real time it looked a lot worse than it actually was.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Anyone who watched on TV- two simple questions - was it a clear pen for us? and should they have finished the game with 11 men?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
No, the 'assault' on Dunk was not a red. Admittedly I was watching via the TV and saw multiple replays. Anyhow the linesman was consulted and he agreed with the yellow.

In real time it looked a lot worse than it actually was.

At the game it looked a red all day long and I've just come home and watched it again. Still a definite red for me even if the commentator disagreed. It was dangerous, late and high.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I am in Singapore, unBle and uninterested in watching the match. All I know is that the ref is not to blame.

Can we all just agree that Brighton are toilet, cannot score a goal if the other side play rush goalie with 9 men, and just need to get this season ended asap.

IT AINT THE REF,.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Blame the ref.. we have lost again!

You clearly weren't at the game. Also, read my post. I'm not blaming the ref because we lost this or any other game but if you don't think refereeing decisions can have a material affect on the game then perhaps you should follow a different sport.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Anyone who watched on TV- two simple questions - was it a clear pen for us? and should they have finished the game with 11 men?

Connolly nudged CMS off balance and grabbed the back of his shirt , problem was the lino and ref didn't have a clear view. A clear cut penalty claim which if it was a Bournemouth player in the box would have been given :lol: Deeney should have had two yellow cards today.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Connolly nudged CMS off balance and grabbed the back of his shirt , problem was the lino and ref didn't have a clear view. A clear cut penalty claim which if it was a Bournemouth player in the box would have been given :lol: Deeney should have had two yellow cards today.

What about the elbow on Dunk?

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012

I'd be surprised if the east stand Lino couldn't see the Watford player with a handful of CMS shirt holding him back. I could see it clearly from my seat in the east stand.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
You clearly weren't at the game. Also, read my post. I'm not blaming the ref because we lost this or any other game but if you don't think refereeing decisions can have a material affect on the game then perhaps you should follow a different sport.

I watched via SKY (as per above). Of course refs can have an effect on a game. Do you think if they had ten men our rubbish front men would have stormed to a convincing win?

If we had won would you still have started this thread?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At the game it looked a red all day long and I've just come home and watched it again. Still a definite red for me even if the commentator disagreed. It was dangerous, late and high.

What I find so ****ing annoying is that a point of view can't be seen as acceptable on the basis of what a Sky commentator has said is gospel.

Stumpy Tim

I'd be surprised if the east stand Lino couldn't see the Watford player with a handful of CMS shirt holding him back. I could see it clearly from my seat in the east stand.

Me too, and I sit behind where that lino was. The offside decision in the first half was inexcusable though - forced Stockdale into a great save. The Watford player was yards offside

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here