Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 goals in 8 games

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I know it's early days for Hughton but he's been far from impressive so far.

We really are lucky to stay up.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The worst set of strikers we've ever had - bar none!

This. The most shamefully inept performances and goals from a collection of strikers in any season of my 40+ years of watching the Albion, and that includes the Gillingham years! An utter shambles of a season Mr Bloom, this is one gamble you lost very badly.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
There is 4-5 decent players but nothing creative and no one who can score. Address those issues we will look alright

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
It's not worth getting a good striker as if he scores 15 goals next season then he'll be off.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
It disappoints me that a good deal of the posters on NSC can't see that we have the makings of a decent team we are just lacking quality goal scorers. People come on the site making sweeping judgements of the whole team when the goals for and goals against stats tell the real story. There are many sides in this league who have shipped a lot more goals than us, the difference is they've scored a lot more too. You don't have to be Stephen Hawkin to work out what that means. If we had a decent striker or preferably two, this side would do well.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
With 46 points on the board we should be relegated. Very few seasons this number of points means staying up. We are woeful across the whole of the side.mas for strikers - we haven't any. Those that pertain to be should be shipped out. Need to start again.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Let him sign his own players.

One permanent signing sofar and the best player in the squad by some distance.

This. Much too early to call for Hughton's head.

He's inherited a bunch of misfits and players that should be gracing League One next season, but thankfully there are 3 worse teams.

Unfortunately a lot of those misfits are still on contracts, but hopefully they will be pushed to bench status if Bloom is serious about getting a top six side assembled.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
we did match the top team today
if only putting that round bouncy thing in the net was not so important
it's not just the finishing ( although has been poor)
lacking creativity too

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Today I thought I saw the good side of CH. He changed the formation and we looked much more of a threat. The fact that each time we had a decent chance, we fluffed our lines isn't the manager's fault.

With some notable exceptions, our players just aren't good enough. End of story

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Need a central midfielder who runs ahead of the ball too. Countless times there wasn't a third man run from midfield & no winger making penetrating runs into the box. Far too easy to defend against today.

That being said, IMHO O'Grady done well today. Never easy playing up on your own with very little support & he looked dangerous when they got the ball to him early in and around the box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here