Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Font of all knowledge that is NSC .......I want a chiminea

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Got a fire bowl and a chiminea, use the chimenea more. Mine is cast iron, but I think clay looks nicer. If you go for iron do treat it with outdoor heatproof paint and cover it in winter as they do rust over time.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've got a clay one - love it. It has cracked a bit but it's made it look better. Mine cost about £50 and I've had it for about 5 years.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Got a couple of clay ones. They are fine except when the wind is blowing all over the place, then you can get a bit smokey..........well you can where we live right by the sea.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
What are the clay ones like over winter, do they need putting away or covering?

I've never covered or put away mine and it seems quite happy in the bitter winds and frosts we've had here in Hangleton over the last few years.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
What are the clay ones like over winter, do they need putting away or covering?

Mine have survived the winter outside without covers,but it probably is best to buy a cover or put them away, although we sometimes have them lit when we are mad enough to have a winter bbq with mulled wine etc. Good fun.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sounds like clay is the answer. Having to paint and put away an iron one sounds far too annoying.

Can you burn left over wood inside them, or does it have to be briquettes or similar?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Sounds like clay is the answer. Having to paint and put away an iron one sounds far too annoying.

Can you burn left over wood inside them, or does it have to be briquettes or similar?

I've burnt almost everything from paperwork to left over decking planks. Use the odd firelighter and you can get anything to burn - even mother-in-laws.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Screenshot_2015-04-25-10-54-40.png £24.99 Aldi from next Thurs

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
We burn all sorts in it. Great when you've done some garden clearing. The Christmas tree went up a treat when chopped up. Although to be fair to the kids I shouldn't really have done that drunk on Christmas Eve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here