Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Israel deals with child 'terrorist'

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-daughter-would-not-stop-crying-10201729.html

A family were removed from a London-bound flight by counter-terrorism police because their one-year-old daughter was crying.

Ariella and Mark Aziz, of north London, were travelling home after celebrating Passover in Israel when cabin crew members asked their daughter to move from her allocated seat, according to a report in Jewish News.
The youngster, named Sarina, was made to sit on her father’s lap in keeping with Dutch airline Transavia rules.
But as the flight set off towards the runway of Ben-Gurion airport Sarina became agitated and the family struggled to keep her in the connector belt for infants under the age of two.
Although the flight was already an hour late the pilot turned around and armed police boarded the plane.
The family were removed from the plane by counter-terrorism police and forced to spend another day in Tel Aviv without any accommodation.
Mrs Aziz told Jewish News: “Everyone could see we were trying to calm Sarina down but we couldn’t do anything.

That's ridiculous :ohmy:

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
Yawn. All airlines have similar rules. I would imagine it was armed police as most of the police in Israel are armed the same way many are in New York and various other places.

This is not much of a story, sounds like your just fishing to encourage some hateful comments.

Time to grow up methinks...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-daughter-would-not-stop-crying-10201729.html

A family were removed from a London-bound flight by counter-terrorism police because their one-year-old daughter was crying.

Ariella and Mark Aziz, of north London, were travelling home after celebrating Passover in Israel when cabin crew members asked their daughter to move from her allocated seat, according to a report in Jewish News.
The youngster, named Sarina, was made to sit on her father’s lap in keeping with Dutch airline Transavia rules.
But as the flight set off towards the runway of Ben-Gurion airport Sarina became agitated and the family struggled to keep her in the connector belt for infants under the age of two.
Although the flight was already an hour late the pilot turned around and armed police boarded the plane.
The family were removed from the plane by counter-terrorism police and forced to spend another day in Tel Aviv without any accommodation.
Mrs Aziz told Jewish News: “Everyone could see we were trying to calm Sarina down but we couldn’t do anything.

That's ridiculous :ohmy:

Yep, everyone knows the kid needs a good slap.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Believe me I'm no Israeli apologist, but your headline is disgraceful!

The pilot was in charge of the plane and it was his call to have the family removed. Very possibly a Dutch pilot bearing in mind it was a Dutch airline.

Mods, I suggest you remove this thread before it turns into the usual binfest!

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I think it is ridiculous that a terrorist unit was sent out to eject the family. A baby was crying and I am sure the family wanted to get home. I make no apology for the title.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I think it is ridiculous that a terrorist unit was sent out to eject the family. A baby was crying and I am sure the family wanted to get home. I make no apology for the title.

More than likely Israeli protocols dictate any incident involving the forced removal of passengers (however old) is undertaken the way this incident was treated. Israeli airport security is always on maximum alert for obvious reasons.

The fact remains your Red Top title is still a disgrace.

Steve Foster.....over to you!!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Much as I dislike Israeli practices, this would have happened with any airline in any airport with armed airport police - e.g. most of them.

If you can't keep a kid in a lap belt you buy them a seat, end of story.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My views on Israel are well known but I'm not sure the police did anything wrong here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here