Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calderon-020315-l229-2309006_478x359.jpg

Inigo Calderon
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 24th April 2015
by Paul Camillin
I have had four months or so to evaluate the squad, and during that time we have reached a conclusion on the retained list."
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton has finalised his retained list and will offer new deals to vice-captain Inigo Calderon and goalkeeper Casper Ankergren.Craig Mackail-Smith, Aaron Hughes, Paddy McCourt, Vitalijs Maksimenko and Kemy Agustien will not have their contracts extended - and Hughton has thanked the quintet for their service to the club.
Hughton informed the players this week, following discussions with his staff and chairman Tony Bloom, and will now begin his summer recruitment plans in earnest to have his new-look squad in place as soon as possible.
Hughton said, "I have had four months or so to evaluate the squad, and during that time we have reached a conclusion on the retained list. There have been tough decisions to take on behalf of the club, but I hope this provides us with a good platform to begin our preparations for next season."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

On retaining both Calderon and Ankergren, Hughton added, "Calde has played a lot of games this season and performed well for me. I have asked him to play out of position and do a particular job for the team and he has done that extremely well. He is also an important part of the dressing room.
ankergren-l229-2420144.jpg

"Equally with Casper, while he hasn't played in the first team since I came here, it is vital for us to have three goalkeepers we can rely on - and we know Casper fits that bill. He is a very good and experienced professional and knows the role well.
"Of those players who are leaving us, it never gets any easier delivering that type of news to a player - and I would like to thank those players for their good grace and understanding of the situation.
"On behalf of the club, I thank those five players - and the five returning loan players - for their service during their time with us and wish them all the very best for the future."
Loan players Joe Bennett, Leon Best, Greg Halford and Joao Teixeira will return to their parent clubs, as per the terms of their loan agreements, immediately after the club's final match of the season, while Mustapha Carayol returns to Middlesbrough after Saturday's match with Watford.

[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD*******
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here