Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calderon-230415-l229-2420159_478x359.jpg

Inigo Calderon
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 24th April 2015
by Sam Garrett
It's been a really good week for me having won the Player of the Season award on Monday."
Inigo Calderon

Inigo Calderon has expressed his delight at being told he is to be offered a new contract with Brighton & Hove Albion.
The 33-year-old is Albion's longest serving player and since signing back in in January 2010, he has notched up over 200 appearances in the blue-and-white stripes.*
He told seagulls.co.uk, "I want to stay here because I've got a good relationship with everyone at the club. I'm really happy; it's been a really good week for me having won the Player of the Season award on Monday.
"I am very proud, because I have had to earn a new contract each year, so it shows that I must be doing something well and I would like to thank the club for offering this to me.
"I always say I'd like to finish my career at Brighton as I've been here for five years and I enjoy living here a lot. I don't have a bad word to say about the city or the fans, and I am so grateful to them because they have always been with me since the very start. I was surprised then and I am still surprised now, because I have never considered myself to be a great player.
"I don't mind where I play as long as I am on the pitch; whether that's at right-back, left-back or in midfield. It gives me a lot more options as I can play in different positions. I know I'm not the first option to start, but I've played 39 games this season with two games left."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Spaniard turned his attentions to the final home game of the season on Saturday, which sees league-leaders Watford visit the Amex. The versatile player is expecting a stern test against the Hornets and admitted his relief after the club have effectively secured their Championship status for next season.
"Millwall's result on Tuesday was a massive relief for us and we can see things a lot better. With two games to finish* and one at home against the top team of the division, we want to finish on a high.
"Watford are the kind of team that want to win every single game and now they're top of the division, they will be high in confidence. They play really good football and they have some really good players, which will be a threat to us. It's going to be a tough game because they have everything to win the game.
"We want to try and make it really hard for them because we want to finish on a high at home."
[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD*******
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here