Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Bournemouth: Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall charged by FA

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe and his assistant Jason Tindall have both been charged by the Football Association with misconduct.

The charge relates to the 2-2 Championship draw against Sheffield Wednesday on 18 April.

It is alleged Howe's post-match comments constitute improper conduct.

Tindall is accused of using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards a match official. The pair have until 18:00 BST on 27 April to respond.

Following the match, Howe claimed there was a conspiracy among referees against striker Callum Wilson.

He believed his side, currently second in the Championship, should have been given a second-half penalty for a foul on Wilson.

After the game, he told BBC Radio Solent: "It looks like the referees have come together to talk about Callum Wilson and said: 'Don't give him any penalties because Bournemouth have had too many this season and we don't want them to have any more.'

:wrong:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Damn i hoped this was gonna say for indeceny in the changing rooms !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was once sent to watcha player and saw Jason Tindall playing for Bournemouth and reported back that he wasnt better than we already had but worth keeping an eye on for the future. The player I went to watch was poor and finished up non league.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was once sent to watch Jason Tindall playing for Bournemouth and reported back that he wasnt better than we
already had but worth keeping an eye on for the future.

Sent by who?!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bournemouth have been awarded 15 penalties thus far this season , the most by far of the championship teams , and 10 of which have been won by Wilson , so its a bit lame suggesting they are hard done by on that front .

Perhaps thunderbird may get his wish and will be awarded another penalty of a different kind

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
In fairness, in the one he was discussing, Wilson had taken it round the keeper and the defender just came straight into the back of him, so it definitely should have been a penalty and a red card.

I appreciate that Bournemouth have had a lot of penalties, and a couple of them have been dubious, but this one was a penalty without a doubt.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe and his assistant Jason Tindall have both been charged by the Football Association with misconduct.

The charge relates to the 2-2 Championship draw against Sheffield Wednesday on 18 April.

It is alleged Howe's post-match comments constitute improper conduct.

Tindall is accused of using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards a match official. The pair have until 18:00 BST on 27 April to respond.

Following the match, Howe claimed there was a conspiracy among referees against striker Callum Wilson.

He believed his side, currently second in the Championship, should have been given a second-half penalty for a foul on Wilson.

After the game, he told BBC Radio Solent: "It looks like the referees have come together to talk about Callum Wilson and said: 'Don't give him any penalties because Bournemouth have had too many this season and we don't want them to have any more.'

:wrong:

Tindall is a nasty piece of work - can't stand him!

When we played Burnley a couple of season's back and had 2 men sent off within the first 10 minutes, he was basically responsible for at least one of the sendings off (think it was the Vincelot one) - demonstrating with the 4th official and telling him to get the ref to send him off etc. Also made gestures to the crowd - despised him ever since.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In fairness, in the one he was discussing, Wilson had taken it round the keeper and the defender just came straight into the back of him, so it definitely should have been a penalty and a red card.

I appreciate that Bournemouth have had a lot of penalties, and a couple of them have been dubious, but this one was a penalty without a doubt.

'In fairness' bollocks.

Yes that was a penalty, but I don't recall him complaining about the half a dozen soft ones shouldn't have been. If he's right (he's not) and Wilson is cultivating himself a bit of a reputation with the referees, then why do think that is?

What's actually happening here is smug Eddie has fancied himself as a bit of a Mourihno, thinking that this little outburst will put some pressure on the next couple of refs to give one (as opposed to just making himself look like a spoilt little knob).

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
'In fairness' bollocks.

Yes that was a penalty, but I don't recall him complaining about the half a dozen soft ones shouldn't have been. If he's right (he's not) and Wilson is cultivating himself a bit of a reputation with the referees, then why do think that is?

What's actually happening here is smug Eddie has fancied himself as a bit of a Mourihno, thinking that this little outburst will put some pressure on the next couple of refs to give one (as opposed to just making himself look like a spoilt little knob).

you won't believe this but guess who is ref for the Bournemouth v Bolton game on Monday ? Good old Hoops, can you bet on a team getting 15 penalties in 1 game ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Hmmmm, your user name suggests that you would be of that opinion.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
you won't believe this but guess who is ref for the Bournemouth v Bolton game on Monday ? Good old Hoops, can you bet on a team getting 15 penalties in 1 game ?

I don't think they officially decide on the number of penalties until about an hour before kick-off, over a couple of glasses of wine in Eddie's office.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I popped mine in hove as well so welcome to NSC

So did I , pulled her in the Abinger and did the memorable deed under the West Pier..................shows how many years ago that was.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here