Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham deducted 3 points - do you feel sorry for Steve Evans?

Rotherham deducted 3 points - do you feel sorry for Steve Evans?

• Yes

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha NO.

Votes: 146 92.4%

• Total voters

North Stand Polls

Feb 25, 2015
Everyone loves Steve Evans, don't they?

Steve Evans.png

Yeh, I do - I like him, he's entertaining. Too many managers these days are bland UEFA badge zzzzz types, it's great to have a good old fashioned throwback to the dark ages ;)

Shoppers

Jul 14, 2013
Whilst it will not make any difference I trust they also loose the goal and we gain a goal in our goal difference

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Personally I'd take another away day at Rotherham over the New Den or Wigan for that matter. Nice club...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whilst it will not make any difference I trust they also loose the goal and we gain a goal in our goal difference
Oh for heaven's sake! NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN - nor should it!

And yes, I do feel a bit sorry for Steve Evans - like him or not, he's been working hard to keep his team punching above their weight to stay in this league, and a three points deduction must come as a biter blow. I sill think they'll stay up, though, just.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
“Rotherham United FC are very disappointed by the decision to deduct 3 points for fielding a player who was ineligible purely because of an administrative error. It is our view that true sports fans want to see competitions settled on the pitch and not to have them affected by what happens in disciplinary proceedings. We await the reasoned judgement of the FDC and once we have received it we will issue our appeal after discussion with Jim Sturman QC. In the meantime we are confident that our team possesses the will and spirit to ensure that the points deduction is academic by securing our Championship status on the pitch. It would not be appropriate to make any further comment on this matter until after the appeal process has been concluded.”
Read more at http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/rotherham-united-2420872.aspx#JoBzHraC6YBvAboF.99

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Couldn't give a t**s about Steve Evans but hope this doesn't save Millwall

This. And unless Rotherham were found guilty of deliberately playing that kid without the paperwork being signed, I think the penalty is harsh.

I don't care about Wigan or Rotherham but I really hope Millwall go down.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Couldn't give a t**s about Steve Evans but hope this doesn't save Millwall

I would sooner see Rotherham, Blackpool and Wign relegated. Three northern teams to which we dont take many fans and they dont bring many down here.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
“Rotherham United FC are very disappointed by the decision to deduct 3 points for fielding a player who was ineligible purely because of an administrative error. It is our view that true sports fans want to see competitions settled on the pitch and not to have them affected by what happens in disciplinary proceedings. We await the reasoned judgement of the FDC and once we have received it we will issue our appeal after discussion with Jim Sturman QC. In the meantime we are confident that our team possesses the will and spirit to ensure that the points deduction is academic by securing our Championship status on the pitch. It would not be appropriate to make any further comment on this matter until after the appeal process has been concluded.”
Read more at http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/rotherham-united-2420872.aspx#JoBzHraC6YBvAboF.99

I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be Rotherham FCs opinion if some team did the same to them
and weren't deducted 3pts, and cost Rotherham their status in the Championship !!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: RULES IS RULES !!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Evans is a fat sweaty buffoon, although by his standards, he hasn't offended too many people this season, much to my surprise.

I'd rather they stayed up though. Nice club.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd feel sorry for a food deprived Evans but as he can still afford to eat, he is undeserving of any sympathy.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

so, let's put this into perspective. For 90 minutes, they watched this 'administrative error' blunt our potent strike force ? Deserve everything they get, suppose it was the other way round ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's 2 games left to play so this might fire Rotherham up to fight to the end. I feel for the fans, but not Evans. The loan was for 28 days, not a long time to forget what day it was signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here