clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I love Slade but i can't help thinking hes a poor appointment for Cardiff.

As for Bloom there's no need to go all out for it. Yes he needs to spend a bit but untimely he needs to let Hughton bring in players and not mess about penny pinching by leaving it until the last minute.
It's a big season ahead for us and i'm excited by it. Clean slate for everyone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That should concentrate the minds at the Albion

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I guess you have to take into account the fact that at BHA we do have a 12 month , interest free method of buying season tickets, which makes it far easier and spreads the cost. Cardiff may ask for money over 3 months with interest - so less attractive.

But take the point that a downward momentum is self fulfilling - unless stopped by injection of cash on better players. The longer the momentum, the more expensive it can be. So, take note TB

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
It's a fickle game. I'm fairly sure that in 1990, when Cardiff were leading the old Division Four, they were regularly getting close to 20k Ninian Park crowds and then in subsequent seasons their crowds dropped down to their more customary 4-5k.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
By coincidence I finally got round to reading the Cardiff programme last night. Their side location (equivalent to our East Stand) season ticket is £419, behind the goal £345 (North stand equivalent) and £299 for South stand equivalent. So significantly cheaper but obviously no transport covered.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is a club who've gone out of their way to alienate fans. A foreign owner with no links to the club who has made dreadful decisions to change their shirt colour, and badge only recently reversed and a host of other examples of poor management. No wonder the fans are voting with their feet.
To make ill advised parallels with Albion though is ridiculous. One season buying Chris O Grady, hiring poor Sami and finishing 20th or so in the league for one season doesn't turn Tony Bloom into Vincent Tan or anything like it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a club who've gone out of their way to alienate fans. A foreign owner with no links to the club who has made dreadful decisions to change their shirt colour, and badge only recently reversed and a host of other examples of poor management. No wonder the fans are voting with their feet.

Hull City should be looking at this situation very carefully. A provincial city where the main sport is rugby, have spent most of their history in the lower leagues, one losing FA Cup Final appearance in recent years, foreign owner who pissed off the fans whilst changing colours / badge / name etc.

Swansea must be loving this. Record Prem points haul for the Swans whilst Cardiff continue to slide.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
To make ill advised parallels with Albion though is ridiculous. One season buying Chris O Grady, hiring poor Sami and finishing 20th or so in the league for one season doesn't turn Tony Bloom into Vincent Tan or anything like it.

Indeed.

But both have made huge investments into their respective clubs.

Tan has had much more success than Bloom regarding football matters. (That is what matters to the regular supporter). Infrastructure is great, but ultimately the product served up is more important.

Brighton fans so far are staying the course, but will the loyalty bubble get a slow puncture or burst ala Cardiff?

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
I guess you have to take into account the fact that at BHA we do have a 12 month , interest free method of buying season tickets, which makes it far easier and spreads the cost. Cardiff may ask for money over 3 months with interest - so less attractive.

But take the point that a downward momentum is self fulfilling - unless stopped by injection of cash on better players. The longer the momentum, the more expensive it can be. So, take note TB

I think your point is even more relevant seeing as after next Season, the 5 year agreement 1901ers signed up to, ends & therefore they are not obligated to renew. (Not a 1901 STH myself so might be wrong but what I have heard......)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
I think your point is even more relevant seeing as after next Season, the 5 year agreement 1901ers signed up to, ends & therefore they are not obligated to renew. (Not a 1901 STH myself so might be wrong but what I have heard......)

No. There is no obligation to renew.

The 1901 supporters that took 5 year seat licences out, rather than the lifetime versions, will have to consider the inevitable price rise and the extension of their seat licences if they wish to continue as members.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Tan has had much more success than Bloom regarding football matters. (That is what matters to the regular supporter). Infrastructure is great, but ultimately the product served up is more important.

So you are making comparisons with Cardiff and Vincent Tan then. ?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's football: The only way to avoid losing money is to lose money.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yes, but not ill advised parallels. I'm just commenting on commitment (which both men have done in spades) and results on the field (for which Tan is superior, to date).

Respecting fan and club tradition ?
How do you rate Tan v Bloom on that one ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's a fickle game. I'm fairly sure that in 1990, when Cardiff were leading the old Division Four, they were regularly getting close to 20k Ninian Park crowds and then in subsequent seasons their crowds dropped down to their more customary 4-5k.
European-football-statistics.co.uk is a great site for checking these things out.

2013 22.999
2012 22.100
2011 24,000
2010 20.717
2009 18.000
2008 13.939
2007 15.223
2006 11.720
2005 12.976
2004 15.569
2003 13.050
2002 12.523