Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life doesn't half deal out some bobbins.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Lost my Mum, my Brother and my Dad recently and found out today my Stepdad has stage 3 colon and lymph node cancer. 6 weeks daily intensive chemo and radio therapy and an operation. Poor bloody bloke, that's one rough ride he has ahead of him. And my Brother's memorial bench was vandalised today, it's only been up 3 days. What mindless idiots would do that! Sorry, woes again but just proper pissed off today.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Certainly sounds like you're having a rough one there Nibble. Fingers crossed for your step dad. As for the vandalism, there really are some headcases in this country these days.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
It is amazing Nibble. Some families and individuals sail through life relatively unscathed while others get a full caravan of shit and tragedy dumped on them on a regular basis. My family, past and present, is an absolute diabolical khazi of shit and it's hard not being dragged down by it on a waking daily basis and thinking 'How much more are you going to throw our way?' Hang in there mate, you are not alone.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Life can be ****ed up sometimes. Stay strong Nib, life can be nice sometimes too just doesn't seem like it at the mo. The folk on NSC are nice, most of them, anyway.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
nibble, sorry mate dont know you but be strong and if you need to talk about it do. my thoughts are with you as said life can be sht.. i lost mum dad and brother but over a number of years.. all the best.. you have had a bad time

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There's only me and my twin brother left in my family. Can't lose anymore family FFS.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's terrible news, here's wishing your step dad the best possible outcome. And what happened to your brother's memorial bench is unbelievable.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Sorry Nibs. Hope that world travel planned - that was you wasn't it? - gets you physically and mentally away from bad fortune's fiendish tentacles. Best of luck to the remaining you and yours.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Hey Nibble, keep your chin up. Over a two year period starting in 2012 my wife and I lost 12 friends and family ( we're only in our 40's so it's not as though we are pensioners and were losing our old friends and comrades ). We used one funeral director 3 times in 18 months and on the last occasion I swear the look on their faces was " not you again ! ".
Anyway as the old adage goes, ' Time is a great healer ' and although your pain will eventually fade, the love and memories will not. At one point I was going to get a sign made to put on my front door saying , No Hawkers, No Cold Calling and No Grim Reaper.
All the best, keep the faith. :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Z
Lost my Mum, my Brother and my Dad recently and found out today my Stepdad has stage 3 colon and lymph node cancer. 6 weeks daily intensive chemo and radio therapy and an operation. Poor bloody bloke, that's one rough ride he has ahead of him. And my Brother's memorial bench was vandalised today, it's only been up 3 days. What mindless idiots would do that! Sorry, woes again but just proper pissed off today.

Thoughts with you my friend. We lost an aunt and uncle in the last week. Brother & sister died three days apart. Not a good time but there"ll be better days ahead for us all.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My thoughts and prayers are with you Nibble.

My dad, nan & grandad (all his side of the family then as he was an only child) all died within about 6 months of each other from various forms of cancer when I was aged 13. I watched my dad and nan die at home as well which was pretty traumatic, so I can honestly say I know what you're going through.

Best of luck to your step-dad. Treatment has come on massively over the years so hopefully you can all stay positive.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Wishing you all the best.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here