Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio 2 and The Jeremy Vine show.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
We all have chores to attend to,so turn the radio on,but am i the only one who 'tackles a task' like washing the car/cutting the grass,you get my drift whilst listerning to the J/V show ?:shrug:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I met Jeremy Vine once- pretty decent guy. Don't listen to him on the radio though.

Can't stand the bloke. Patronising as feck on Eggheads, dull as ditch water on R2. R6 for me.

Me too - but with Heart the only option if I am in the car at lunctimes I listen to him - mainly so I can shout abuse at the car radio. Today featured a business reporter talking about the trader facing extradition due to playing fast and loose with online trading. I am sure she was a parody (possibley Collately Sisters fom Brass Eye), she was getting really excited about "literally millions of transactions literally done in literally fractions of a literal second". The Daily Mail of the airwaves.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Cant believe he is Tim's brother

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I like him but have to turn off immediately after because I can't abide Steve Wright and his fake "wackiness"

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I remember when he was a 'serious' journalist rather than peddling the sensationalist clap trap. :bla:

Used to listen to him, can't anymore.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Me too - but with Heart the only option if I am in the car at lunctimes I listen to him - mainly so I can shout abuse at the car radio. Today featured a business reporter talking about the trader facing extradition due to playing fast and loose with online trading. I am sure she was a parody (possibley Collately Sisters fom Brass Eye), she was getting really excited about "literally millions of transactions literally done in literally fractions of a literal second". The Daily Mail of the airwaves.

I heard that too,never made any sense when she kept on going on about Mili Seconds for a trade ?

I like him but have to turn off immediately after because I can't abide Steve Wright and his fake "wackiness"

Another thumbs down for Mr Wright - Jonathan Ross sat in for him a couple of weeks ago and was so much better.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Jeremy Vine is the worst thing on, not only Radio 2, but the whole of the BBC. Yesterday he had Milliband as a guest, doing the usual pre election interview, he quized Milliband on whether his house qualified for the mansion tax, he asked him a question about the millifan thing, and quite honestly, was the worst interview I have heard in this election. Someone said in an earlier post he plays new wave, or punk, no he doesn't, he plays the odd Smiths track, or Elvis Costello.

After the Milli interview, he read out twitters that listeners had sent in , commenting on it, 7 out of 8 was anti Labour/Milliband, so, out of interest I looked at his twitter feed, it was about 50/50 pros and cons, but from the slant he gave, it appeared nearly everyone was anti Ed.

Still, about what yuo would expect from a Surrey, ex public schoolboy. He is not fit to luck the boots of Paxman, Peston,or Robinson, all Tories, but at least they manage to hide their political leanings

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ŷ
Jeremy Vine is the worst thing on, not only Radio 2, but the whole of the BBC. Yesterday he had Milliband as a guest, doing the usual pre election interview, he quized Milliband on whether his house qualified for the mansion tax, he asked him a question about the millifan thing, and quite honestly, was the worst interview I have heard in this election. Someone said in an earlier post he plays new wave, or punk, no he doesn't, he plays the odd Smiths track, or Elvis Costello.

After the Milli interview, he read out twitters that listeners had sent in , commenting on it, 7 out of 8 was anti Labour/Milliband, so, out of interest I looked at his twitter feed, it was about 50/50 pros and cons, but from the slant he gave, it appeared nearly everyone was anti Ed.

Still, about what yuo would expect from a Surrey, ex public schoolboy. He is not fit to luck the boots of Paxman, Peston,or Robinson, all Tories, but at least they manage to hide their political leanings

No, Vine plays New Order, Joy Division, The Police, Blondie, and others, to the max he can get away with.

Where's the evidence he's blatantly anti-Labour?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I remember him playing an old hit by Lloyd Cole and the Commotions (think it was Brand New Friend), running out of time before the news and then playing the track in its entirety straight after the news.

For that he'll always be okay in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here