Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for some BBQ advice

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I believe B&Q do a barbie set that you buy on a bank holiday, use twice, allow to rust over the winter and then fly-tip at your nearest recycling point/body of water/outside posh serial-council-complainer-type's house.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
IDShot_540x540.jpg

No rust or mouldy remnants to clean off next year :thumbsup:

A nice six burner Outback works well too

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I believe B&Q do a barbie set that you buy on a bank holiday, use twice, allow to rust over the winter and then fly-tip at your nearest recycling point/body of water/outside posh serial-council-complainer-type's house.

Oh, l bought one of those too!, which tip did you take yours to?

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Make sure you get one that has a lid as then you can do some fantastic stuff with big bits of meat, like a marinated butterflied leg of lamb.

Yoda

English & European

I have one of those, except its still in the back garden being taken over by the Ivy. :lolol:

Brought a decent charcoal replacement two summers ago and a cover for it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Weber if you'll do a lot, otherwise a Weber lookalike kettle bbq for half the price.

the real trick in BBQ is in the coal lighting, if you're not great with structuring a neat stack, the Chimney Starter jobbies are a marvellous tool.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
A few bricks and a rack out of the oven make a perfectly good barbecue for burgers and whatnot. If you want to do the big cuts of meat an old tin bucket or a big plant pot make fancier cooking possible as well.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not a great fan of BBQ's, I prefer to cook indoors and then eat it in the garden.
However Mrs Chopper purchased one last year and I put it together this week and its rather different.
Its by LeisureGrow, with Grillstream technology. It is a kettle BBQ with a lid and is used with charcoal. The grill top thing has 2 layers that sit at a slope so the fat runs to the outside rim and flows to the bottom and down a hole into a fat catcher thingy, like a George Foreman grill.
So I am assuming that no fat will drip onto the coals and flame up to cremate your bangers.
£39.99.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here