Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote green

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Following on from the very popular vote ukip thread , here's you chance to discuss ???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This was their opportunity to grow, but unfortunately their leader has made the party look amateurish & almost unvoteable. Missed opportunity in my opinion

This in spades. Those who vote Lucas back into Westminster will be doing so despite the tin-pot party she represents.

That said, I may yet vote for them, although it's pointless voting in my constituency.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am just about too, postal vote will be in the level post box in about 30 minutes times

Attachments

• Vote 11.jpg
    Vote 11.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 490

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
This was their opportunity to grow, but unfortunately their leader has made the party look amateurish & almost unvoteable. Missed opportunity in my opinion

Yes banning multi billion pound businesses ie horse racing etc clueless out of touch doesn't come close, horrific woman.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Spot on. Lucas has been and seems a very competent MP. The party as a whole though is a joke. There leader in a bumbling wreck. I voted for Lucas last time. Since then i have moved and i would not vote for the green candidate this time around. Conservatives have my vote this time.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have found it slightly amusing that the Green Party have put 4 times as many leaflets through my door as any other party. This seems to go against their eco policies, especially as they've all said pretty much the same thing.

Their manifesto is hilarious, I get the feeling they don't have a particularly good grasp of how much things cost.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I would happily vote for this lady :

CL.jpg

.... but can't ..... but I'd rather cut my nuts off with a rusty saw that vote for this loon .....

CH.jpg

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Im voting green because I like their policies. I couldn't care less about personalities.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I get the feeling they don't have a particularly good grasp of how much things cost.

This in absolute SPADES. Listening to anyone from the Greens talk about anything vaguely economic is like listening to a child detailing their outlandish Christmas present wishes, without any idea how much their parents earn.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I have found it slightly amusing that the Green Party have put 4 times as many leaflets through my door as any other party. This seems to go against their eco policies, especially as they've all said pretty much the same thing.

i dont know what ink they use on their leaflets but i dont think its very eco friendly.

i used one last night to get the bonfire started and it gives off the weirdest smoke and colours.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

Im voting green because I like their policies. I couldn't care less about personalities.

I'm a little torn between these statements. I would like politics not to be about personalities, ideally, but I think that a charismatic and engaging leader of the Greens could have really got the Green vote to twice where it is now. However, they still have my vote, partly as a protest vote, partly because I like their policies on balance more than I like the policies of the other parties.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm a little torn between these statements. I would like politics not to be about personalities, ideally, but I think that a charismatic and engaging leader of the Greens could have really got the Green vote to twice where it is now. However, they still have my vote, partly as a protest vote, partly because I like their policies on balance more than I like the policies of the other parties.

Personally I think it needs to be a bit of both - you are actually voting for the person but agreed, they are backed up by their party ( or indeed controlled by it ). If the person doesn't have a personality, or attitude, you think you can trust then you possibly shouldn't vote for them regardless of party.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes banning multi billion pound businesses ie horse racing etc clueless out of touch doesn't come close

That's not a green policy though, that's something that's been made up.

I do agree though that the Greens have made a terrible choice as leader: wonder how much better they'd be doing if they still had Caroline Lucas (or had elected Peter Cranie)

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I agree.

I'm especially keen on their policy to build houses for everyone at £5k a go. And the local Green councillor who explained that things only go wrong because they're quite new to running councils and stuff, that was helpful. You see, the policies are fine. It's just trivial matters like making them work that causes problems.

And obviously, not caring about personalities, it doesn't matter a sausage to me that Caroline Lucas seems a very nice person. Wouldn't make any difference if she was a farting buffoon.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

I understand how charisma can be a big pull just look at Clegg at the last election and, even though I despise the man, Farage. But I'm voting for more than a face and a personality. I'm voting for policies that will hopefully change the "more of the same" philosophy that encompass the Cons, Lab, Lib and UKIP. It's not surprising that the Greens have done so well on the 'Vote for Policies' website.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
For all those speaking about the Green Party, its leader and make-up, this will be one of the most interesting things to watch over the next few years, as they've grown massively in the last year or two. I'd imagine that this will lead to quite serious internal reorganisation. It ought to, anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here