Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rip OFF Britain

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Just been watching ROB and they were looking at Pies in the football leagues. Out of the 92 clubs Brighton has the most expensive pies at £4.10. They did point out that they were specially made etc. What surprised me was that Chelsea were one of the cheapest at £2.50. Morecombe make all theirs on site and have the best at value at £3.00. It seems that we pay through the nose for everything at Brighton and still spend little on the team. Are we being ripped off????

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Looks like it.................eat before you go,otherwise be prepared to pay top whack prices like you do at a Motorway Service Station.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes. We are being ripped off. I always take a crab sandwich, 1 Malted Milk biscuit and a flask of weak lemon juice with me.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes you are, definitely. The club is making SOOOO much profit after all. Perhaps a Newcastle style protest is in order? :thumbsup:

The sensible answer is that if they were too expensive, no-one would buy them. Until such time as sales drop off significantly, the price will remain. It's called supply and demand.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think people would mind paying top dollar if they felt it was being ploughed back sensibly into team rebuilding. High prices and a play-off side - fair enough. But turn up early, pay ridiculous prices and then watch a gash team half of whom are on-loan? No thanks. A pub by the station sounds like a better idea.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Your obsession with Nibble is getting tiresome.

What was wrong with my one and only question?

I think it's more a case of you nit picking me as a weak coping mechanism in dealing with your cracked up obsession with the greatest (me).

You do seem to jump on my every posts with analytical bullshit (similar to Nibble).

Any chance now you could piss off back under that rock where you grew from?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I like the pictures of the moo cow on them.

But crab and weak lemon juice really need an Italian General to balance the flavours. Has to be Garibaldi every time. (Although I guess you could make a case for a french coastal town)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But crab and weak lemon juice really need an Italian General to balance the flavours. Has to be Garibaldi every time. (Although I guess you could make a case for a french coastal town)

I'm not a fan of raisins, I'll stretch to a fig roll.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Just been watching ROB and they were looking at Pies in the football leagues. Out of the 92 clubs Brighton has the most expensive pies at £4.10. They did point out that they were specially made etc. What surprised me was that Chelsea were one of the cheapest at £2.50. Morecombe make all theirs on site and have the best at value at £3.00. It seems that we pay through the nose for everything at Brighton and still spend little on the team. Are we being ripped off????

What are the Arsenal prices?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Make the assets sweat - first rule of American business. The season ticket holder base is an asset. Squeeze every dime you can out of it. They'll be purring in Edward Street.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
will-somebody-please-tell-me-if-this-is-funny-or-not.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here