Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Powerchair Football Player Ams High

Matt-068

Apr 21, 2015
Fellow Brighton Fans,

You may have seen me at the players evening dinner where I won the Community Acheivement Award. My name is Matt Francis and I play Powerchair Football for Brighton in the WFA National Premiership.

You may already know a bit about the team but here is a bit of background, we are supported by AITC, 3 years ago we entered into the WFA National Championship, our second season in this division saw us win promotion as Champions. In our first weekend playing in the premiership I was scouted by England and called up to train at St George's Park. I have been back 4 times since, continuing to train and develop. I didn't make the 8 man England squad that traveled to Limerick last year for the European Championships, however I am hopeful of making the team for the World Cup being held in Huston next year, date TBC. However to achieve my dream of representing my country I need to upgrade my very expensive football boots. The latest Chair, to go from an England hopeful to a first team regular costs £7,200. This chair will allow me to compete against the very best in the world being able to execute passes with precision.

I and Brighton and Hove Albion Powerchair Football team have come a long way together and for my adventure to continue I need to upgrade my wheels.

You can donate in one of three ways, by texting AITC10 followed by the amount you wish to donate to 70070, or by visiting www.justgiving.com/aitc
Or by sending a cheque made payable to "Albion in the Comunity" to:

Matt Francis,
c/o Albion in the community,
American Express community stadium,
Village way,
Brighton,
BN1 9BL

Your generosity is very much appreciated. I will keep everyone updated on my progress running up to the World Cup.

Matt :)**

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here