• I like them both the same

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I'm a wuss and don't do hot food

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Both.

Chilli on most things, but a bacon sandwich NEEDS English mustard. And roast beef HAS TO HAVE French mustard.

Sausage sandwiches? Either, or both.

Chilli on everything else.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The hotter the better. Ham, bacon and sausage incomplete without English mustard and it has to be Colmans not some inferior excuse.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
That is spot on. My wife tried to fob me off with Asda's own brand recently.

Never will this happen again.

Nothing worse than the yellow concoction you get at burger bars. Can't even call it mustard its so bad.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Horseradish on beef, chilli on everything else.

You're nearly right. Horse* with beef, but also with smoked fish: mackerel, salmon and, especially, eel. Mustard has a wide range of applications -- English in a ham sandwich is a good application. Chilli is delicious, and is worming its way into more and more of the things I eat. There are many foods (especially European) where it is fundamentally wrong, however.

* one of my favourite comedy sketches is Jamie in The Thick of It beginning with the question "are you a horse?"

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm a big fan of both.

I recently bought a cheap jar of wholegrain mustard, scooped out a tablespoon of it and stirred in Colman's mustard powder to replace it. Blazing hot with that wholegrain texture and flavour.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
PS Infinity Foods has the best horse in a jar I've come across -- made by Biona. It's not as good as the real thing, but it's better than any of the alternatives I've come across. Anyone want to recommend anything else?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Chilli by a country mile. Mustard is like cat excrement. I have never tasted cat sh*t however.

I've been searching for an elloquent way to approach my feelings and level of approbrium regarding mustard and in one sentence I think you've managed it.

I like horseradish and chilli in equal measure and is mood dependent.

Had a corking Thai Green Curry today that near as dammit blew a hole clean through my cranium which I wasn't expecting as it wasn't even a Red curry. Have to say though that my real achilles heel atm is Frank's hot sauce. Utterly addictive.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm a mustard addict.

Wholegrain mustard for a sausage sandwich
Colemans English mustard on ham / gammon
French mustard on steak
American mustard on hot dogs

Chilli is good on a burger off the BBQ.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Horseradish for roast beef, mustard for steak and hot dogs, mustard or chilli for burgers, chilli for chicken. Roughly.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Who is 'North Stand Polls' ?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I read somewhere about a condiment used by the British in India during the time of the Raj which I think was a mixture of all three. My favourite product is a condiment called "Savora" obtainable in France which has 11 spices and other products including mustard, cayenne pepper and garlic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here