Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recovering photos from corrupted SD Card ?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can anyone advise on how to get photos back from an SD card that was working fine in a Nikon camera? With no warning up popped the message suggesting that the card needed to be formatted. This was soon replaced by 'card cannot be used'.

My initial response was to pop the card into my laptop with a view that if I could Format I could easily retrieve the deleted photos using Recovery software like Recuva which I have successfully used before when some photos were accidentally deleted. However, whilst the lap top could see the card at E: it could neither read and resisted all attempts to format.

Can anyone advise or worse case scenario point me in the direction of an IT Recovery expert in the Eastbourne area? Desperate to get photos back as lots of our 8 month old twins.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can anyone advise on how to get photos back from an SD card that was working fine in a Nikon camera? With no warning up popped the message suggesting that the card needed to be formatted. This was soon replaced by 'card cannot be used'.

My initial response was to pop the card into my laptop with a view that if I could Format I could easily retrieve the deleted photos using Recovery software like Recuva which I have successfully used before when some photos were accidentally deleted. However, whilst the lap top could see the card at E: it could neither read and resisted all attempts to format.

Can anyone advise or worse case scenario point me in the direction of an IT Recovery expert in the Eastbourne area? Desperate to get photos back as lots of our 8 month old twins.

I had a similar problem a while back with a 1TB hard drive that was corrupted (disconnected accidentally while still running) and my pc couldn't see it (in Windows). I was told to install Linux and see if that was any better. It was and I got back 99% of my stuff recovered. Not saying it will work for an SD card but worth a try.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
I don't know if you have one near you, but had the same problem so took mine to Worthing branch of the Lap Top Shop. For £15 they recovered all of the photo's on my corrupt card. I would try a decent firm local to you before you mess around with your card too much and possibly cock up any recovery chances.

Good luck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here