Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C m-s

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton
I know he has had a really poor season but I'm sad to see all the criticism of CMS on this site. Yes, I presume he'll be leaving & probably rightly so but I really think we should acknowledge what a good servant to the club he has been. Before his injury, which really appeared to be the end for him (though how many goals did he score when he came back?) he was an inspiration to the fans, who have loved him. I for one will never forget that goal against Burnley, nor the fact that he was willing to terrify goalkeepers into mistakes and run his socks off. No, in the end it may not have achieved much but I have to wonder if he always got the service he needed, either. I'd just like to say 'Thank you, Craig, for trying your damndest for the Albion.' I wish him well in the future.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Yep, you cant fault him for effort, and i really hoped for that reason hed do wel here. We never really played him to his strengths but the chances he did get he ddidn't stick away.
really hope he finds form with another club because he deserves it. But for him and us i think its time to move on..

good luck for the future cms

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I know he has had a really poor season but I'm sad to see all the criticism of CMS on this site. Yes, I presume he'll be leaving & probably rightly so but I really think we should acknowledge what a good servant to the club he has been. Before his injury, which really appeared to be the end for him (though how many goals did he score when he came back?) he was an inspiration to the fans, who have loved him. I for one will never forget that goal against Burnley, nor the fact that he was willing to terrify goalkeepers into mistakes and run his socks off. No, in the end it may not have achieved much but I have to wonder if he always got the service he needed, either. I'd just like to say 'Thank you, Craig, for trying your damndest for the Albion.' I wish him well in the future.

Absolutely this. I'm a great CMS fan and love him to death for his unfailing efforts for the Albion, most of them alas in vain. Unfortunately since day one, when Gus brought him to the club, we have never played him to his strengths.

Although he is a goal scorer, he is a 'poacher', and not a target-man, (ie a number 10, not a number 9), and unless he has a big man to play off he is never going to score you many goals, so only playing with one striker it was never going to work for him.

Time to move on Craig, but thank you so much for all your hard work.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Spot on and I totally agree and share the same opinion. I don't think I was right when defending him ability wise as since the injury he's been poor.. But I admire his work rate and attitude and think other players could learn a lot from him. Seems a decent bloke...

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Give him one last chance on Saturday so the fans can show their appreciation when he is substituted after scoring a hatrick! You never know in this league, it might happen!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A final home appearance for us against his home-town club for the scotch international, it'd be nice if he could sign off with a goal, or maybe even an attempt on target just for old time sake.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't really dislike the bloke, even if he has been a massive disappointment.

In the four years he's been here, I shall fondly remember:

* that lovely goal a few minutes into the second half against Leeds that kick-started a fightback in the first Amex season
* the Burnley scissor kick that had everyone drooling
* the peachy cross for Ulloa a year ago

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think we got a reasonable output from him at least in the first season and then he was sidelined somewhat in the second season when Poyet couldn't work a system around him.

However, he has somewhat jumped the shark this Season and the last partly caused by injury.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Wish I was a 'servant' on that sort of money. Nobody is doubting his integrity or effort, just sometimes you need more. He is taking up a significant amount of wages for, alas, little recent return.
I wish him well, God loves a trier.
I always recall my ex-boss saying to me many years ago when I said he runs forever and tries hard, he replied in his usual laconic fashion 'So did Forrest Gump'.
His words, not mine.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Give him one last chance on Saturday so the fans can show their appreciation when he is substituted after scoring a hatrick! You never know in this league, it might happen!

Only person likely to score a hatrick on Saturday is Troy Deeney. Our lot have had their towels down on the beach for a month now. CMS is a good lad. But he needs to drop a league to where the defenders play like a pub team :wave:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Only person likely to score a hatrick on Saturday is Troy Deeney. Our lot have had their towels down on the beach for a month now. CMS is a good lad. But he needs to drop a league to where the defenders play like a pub team :wave:

Hmmm my worry is, that he may need to drop more than on division. He played a few games on loan back at Peterboro mid way through the season if you remember. He was appalling.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A final home appearance for us against his home-town club for the scotch international, it'd be nice if he could sign off with a goal, or maybe even the ball flying off his shin and out for a throw-in as he runs towards it at 106,492mph just for old time sake.

Corrected for accuracy.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That second goal against Burnley should have been goal of the season in 12/13 - it was definitely better than Spanish Dave's free kick. The reason it came second in the vote was because it was scored in a (long distance) away game against a team that aren't our rivals, and in front of only about 400 albion fans, as opposed to 26 000 home fans at the Amex.

That remains the best Albion goal that I have seen live. It's quite sad that CMS's potential at Brighton was never fully realised due to mis-management and injury.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That second goal against Burnley should have been goal of the season in 12/13 - it was definitely better than Spanish Dave's free kick. The reason it came second in the vote was because it was scored in a (long distance) away game against a team that aren't our rivals, and in front of only about 400 albion fans, as opposed to 26 000 home fans at the Amex.

That remains the best Albion goal that I have seen live. It's quite sad that CMS's potential at Brighton was never fully realised due to mis-management and injury.

Ulloa's 2nd vs Palace should have won that year at a stroll. The one goal epitomised all that was great about the Gus era. Exquisite football from front to back and made Palace look utterly woeful. Miles better than CMSs.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He is nowhere near the same player he was before injury. The pace and sharpness has gone and the confidence is not there. The best he can hope for is a decent contract with a League 2 club.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Well said.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Based purely on the TB interview in The Argus when he said Gus let him and CMS down and the fact that CH tried to buy him when manager at Norwich I expect them to offer him a performance related contract, whether he signs it is another matter

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here