Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should there be a post-match lap on Saturday and will you watch it?

Should there be a post-match lap on Saturday and will you watch it?

• Yes there should be one, and I'll stay for it

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • Yes there should be one, but I won't stay for it

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • No, there shouldn't be one after this utter SHAMBLES of a season and I won't watch if there is

Votes: 54 45.4%
  • No, there shouldn't be one, but I would stay if there is

Votes: 19 16.0%

• Total voters

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If there is one, they certainly wouldnt label it as a "lap of honour", more of a chance for the players and coaches to say thanks for the support over the season.

Even then, there wont be loads in the stands.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If there is one, they certainly wouldnt label it as a "lap of honour", more of a chance for the players and coaches to say thanks for the support over the season.

Even then, there wont be loads in the stands.

I agree with this, it should be a lap of respect to the fans rather than a 'lap of honour', I'll probably stay until the end - might not clap though.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I voted for Option D, as this was the best fit. However, I won't stay as it would be hypocritical. I think that the majority of the players this season have given the perception they don't care and the team have not performed as a unit. With a few exceptions, Calde, Ince, Stockdale, Ince and maybe a couple of others we've been very poor and lucky that there are three teams worse than us, one team in Directorial & Financial Armageddon, one with similar financial issues and Millwall!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They should keep the players out on the pitch after the game and get it over and done with as quick as possible.

Personally they shouldnt bother.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I want to say goodbye to half our players, so I'll watch and hope we can do better next season. I've clapped them all season, so will have no problem doing so again, I'm sure they don't intend to be shit :smile:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, might as well now disaster has been averted.

Fans who want it will stay, those who don't will be on the train or in the bar.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not a lap of honour as such but it would be a good opportunity to give people like Ankergren a decent send off.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
None of the players deliberately play poorly but in all honesty not many of them deserve any applause. I can't be there on Saturday but if I was, there's no way I'd applaud a squad who managed to avoid relegation simply because there are three sides who, unbelievably, are worse than us and goal difference appears to have saved us. I will be at Boro but can't see myself being too eager to applaud them for their season's efforts. Support during the game though is a given.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I said no, but if there is I won't watch... not because I don't want to clap/watch them, but because I don't want to witness what I expect will happen which is a polite clap from some and a lot of booing from the rest. After the season we've had they should just leave the pitch on sat as usual and play their next game at the Amex as a completely different side, deserving of a lap of "honour".

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Yes there should be one, as mentioned for the players to thank the fans for their support. But I won't stay for it as I won't be there. If I could be, then I would. Up the Albion!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yes, I think they should - but straight after the game, rather than going into the changing rooms and coming back out - there would be nobody left in the stands to watch.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Perhaps get Phil Brown in for the day and put the entire squad on the naugthy centre circle for half time instead :wink:

:jester:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Wouldn't call it a lap of honor, more a lap for the players to thank the fans that have stuck around to watch that pile of rubbish every weekend. I will stay but only really to applaud a select few players.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Two birds with one stone here, why don't they wander off at the final whistle, then return each sporting a potential away kit for next season? Scorecards aka clackers upon each seat, can be held up for marks out of 10.
This way PB can gauge which will be the biggest seller, fans hang about after and the whole matchday experience is enhanced.

Everyone's a winner Rodney

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
There will be enough empty seats as it is. Any attempt at a lap of honour will be met with an embarrassing silence. Best not entertain the idea if you ask me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here