Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poor old QPR, not good value apparently

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What that article does show is that the new FFP rules and salary capping (which I did not know about) has already had a rather dramatic effect on the finances at PL clubs. Other than at QPR of course, the cheats.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Has there been any more news on whether their £60m debt write off will be allowable for FFP? Assume they get the fine, get relegated and then either pay or play in the conference....Shame

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has there been any more news on whether their £60m debt write off will be allowable for FFP? Assume they get the fine, get relegated and then either pay or play in the conference....Shame
And even that's too bloody soft. They should have to pay the fine when it's given, not wait until the future to see if there's any chance of them getting relegated, otherwise only sides that are being relegated will ever pay the fine, which is spectacularly unfair. If they don't pay it on time, it should go up hugely.

I'd like to add that I've never had anything against QPR, except for their recent cheating and wheeler-dealer manager.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
yes agreed. This has nothing to do with QPR per se, just that in this case they overspent massively to guaranteed promotion (only just) and then tried to scare the FL into thinking they will pursue them if they apply the pre-agreed rules. I really want to see Fernandes squeal....

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
All this cash which a lot goes to players and their agents plus the miserable time experienced by clubs such as Leiciester & Burnley does indicate we are far better off in a league which we can survive in and avoid financial problems

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I'm a QPR fan.

I detest the way my club has been run for the last 25 years.

From the asset stripping years of Richard Thompson and Chris Wright, to the fantasies of Gianni Paladini, through the plain whacky years of Flavio Briatore telling his managers who to pick in the team, before finally reaching ultimately thedream world of Tony Fernandes who seems to think that Queens Park Rangers is a big club and is prepared to throw ridiculous amounts of money at clapped out, past it footballers in a bizarre willy waving show to prove what a huge club we are. Desptie a tiny pokey ground holding less than 20k, and loyal but small support in apart of London where the glory hunters go off and support Chelscum and income that suggests we should be a mid table Championship club.

The fans want none of this bollocks.

We want a well run, down to earth club who play decent, entertaining football while no one except Fulham and Brentford despise us.

Hate the money men in football, not the individual clubs. It isn't our fault we are owned by complete lunatic fantastists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here